Ratings for Dr. D. Keith Johnston

I was a patient for years before he left the clinic but not until then did I realize that I was not receiving the best care possible. Upon getting established with a new Gastroenterologist, it was brought to my attention that I had not had a colonoscopy in over 3 years (I can not recall exactly how many years but it was way overdue). I have had Crohn's Disease for over 20 years and under normal circumstances, most doctors like to do colonoscopy on Crohn's Disease patient every 2-3 years. At the end of the day, I just don't feel like I was given the best treatment possible.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I found Dr. Johnston to be a superior doctor. I was able to describe symptoms that I had with my Crohn's Disease. His knowledge of the disease and other complications was outstanding. He recommended specific tests which determined that I developed antibodies to treatment, had another hereditary ailment, and a proclivity towards an additional problem. By comparison to other doctors who have treated me, he went up and beyond. He was the first Gastroenterologist who I truly respected. I wish the other gastroenterologists at Lexington Clinic could be as diligent. Unfortunately, it is reported that Dr. Johnston took an extended leave of absence. I have held out for his welcomed return. Alas, it doesn't appear to be anytime soon. My next choice is to seek further treatment from the Mayo Clinic or Mt Sinai.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I moved to Kentucky from Jacksonville Florida,where I was a long time Mayo Clinic patient. I rate him far above all of the doctors at MAYO, gastro or otherwise.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

Dr. Johnston saw me as a patient at St. Joe and then followed up with me after my release. He was kind, warm, genuine and caring. I was so blessed to have such a wonderful doctor being responsible for my health care. He has gone out of his way to do research and further evaluation of my condition. HIGHLY recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

Dr. Johnston is totally concerned and cares about his patients. He is very knowledgable, and uses a whole lot of common sense. He calls personally to check on his patients and to give you pertenent information about you situation. Higly reccommend his services to anyone having these types of problems.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

Dr. Johnston is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. Dr. Johnston even called me at home once to discuss my test results.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Dr. D. Keith Johnston's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)