Dr. James G. Norman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James G. Norman

I had successful Parathyroid her in Brisbane Australia. However only two of the four glands were examined, with one removed. There is approximately 25% chance that I may relapse in the coming years but I do feel much better. After consulting with Dr Jim Norman : My recommendations are: • Your health is about you taking control with you finding the best solution for a 100% CURE!!! • Private enterprise produces champions like Jim. He genuinely cared for me as an individual. Use him! I wish I did. • He has developed and patented a device that tells him in 2 seconds if your biopsied piece of gland is good or bad. No hanging under general anaesthesia while your samples are diagnosed elsewhere. • He knows where the glands are located because of his experience. • You are not intubated, the risks are reduced significantly, and recovery is fast; you breathe normally while still being under sedation. • His team can get a 100% cure in just a few minutes, this is WHAT THEY DO ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! • He checks all four glands. If I relapse, I will be in Tampa quickly for the definitive CURE!!! Thanks Jim. Steve in Brisbane, Australia.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

Great review! Thanks! When you get the time, put something on Yelp if you could. Talk soon… and congratulations on your new health! jim From: Karin Carreau [mailto:kcarreau@elkstreetgroup.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:16 PM To: jn@parathyroid.com Subject: Whipped this review up. Hi Dr.Norman, thank you again for being you! I posted the following on your Facebook page and website. Feel free to use it anywhere else. By the time we're done, you'll need to substantially expand your practice. Hmm, franchises of teams trained by you?!? Just a thought😉 Chat soon, Karin Review reads: Dr Norman saved my life today. I have suffered with Parathyroid Disease for over six years and while I've learned an enormous amount of information about the disease, it's severity and dangerousness over the course of those six years, there are two lessons, though, that are the most significant ... It is one of the least understood diseases by general practice physicians, endocrinologists and most surgeons, as they clearly do not fully understand its implications, severity and dangerousness and The Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa is THE ONLY facility you should consider. While you have (or will learn) We all begin with four parathyroid glands. Their sole purpose is to regulate calcium. If they grow tumors (usually not cancerous) they can no longer do their job. Calcium is then leeched from your bones and thrown into your bloodstream. The consequences of such range from a poor quality of life (constant fatigue, insomnia, aches/pains, and kidney stones) to early onset of osteoporosis and potentially deadly scenarios such as stroke, heart attack and vital organ failure as calcium deposits form. Women are two to three times more effected than men and unless your calcium numbers are off the charts, most general practitioners (as mine did) will recommend "we watch and monitor." If and when you are referred to an endocrinologist, they will often (as mine did) start testing you for every deadly form of cancer on the planet. The problem with this? If your calcium is high due to cancer, you're already almost dead and you will already know it! More wasted time. When/if you are finally referred to a surgeon, oftentimes, they too are lacking in experience with this disease, as my first one (in a major NYC Hospital) was. I left that first surgery with no change in my numbers, a lot of scar tissue (which makes a second surgery more challenging), and a strong suspicion that a normal gland was removed!! After 2.5 years of continuing to monitor by a new Endocrinologist who looked at me in January and said "I just don't know what to tell you" I finally took control of my fate and contacted Dr Jim Norman. Upon reading my labs he knew I needed to make the trip to Tampa...that trip concluded today (as did my long and arduous journey with Parathyroid Disease). Dr Norman examined my scans and suggested he knew exactly where the tumor was. Within five seconds (my husband counted) he identified it with an ultrasound in the exact spot he surmised. My first surgeon rooted around for FOUR HOURS and could not find it! I spent an hour total in the O.R...half of which, was undergoing preparation by his highly skilled team. I am happy to report, while a little tender, I am cured! I left the hospital with wonderful numbers and owe my life (both quality and longevity) to Dr. Norman. I can never repay such a debt, but I will pay it forward and work to educate and advocate. I am starting here, today, to any of you who may be perusing this site asking yourself if it's worth the trip...Stop reading this and complete the Norman Parathyroid Center intake form and when you too are cured, join the crusade to educate others and advocate for change.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Procedure dates by Dr. James Norman and Dr. Gary Clayman - October 3 & 4, 2017 At 15 years of age, I had my thyroid removed as a preventive measure for medullary thyroid cancer. Then approximately 17 years later I began to develop two different health issues at one time. My family physician referred me to a specialist in Cleveland, Ohio, due to a rise in my calcitonin level which indicates a cancerous tumor developing somewhere (probably in tissue left behind from my thyroid removal). Around the same time, it was discovered that I was developing a tumor on my parathyroid gland as well ( rarely cancerous). Multiple tests and scans were performed and these tumors could not be located. Exploratory surgery was performed to try and find my parathyroid tumor. This surgery resulted in the removal of three good parathyroid glands, but not the bad parathyroid gland. The doctors indicated that maybe I had an abnormal anatomy and at some point I might need my chest bone opened to explore that area for the parathyroid gland that contained the tumor. Shortly after I had the parathyroid surgery, in researching my health problems, I found information about the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. Everything seemed too good to be true, but we always kept this facility in mind. Several years later I switched to a specialist closer to home. I asked if she had ever heard of Norman Parathyroid Clinic and she said they had helped a patient of hers. Over the years she attempted to find my cancerous tumor, but nothing ever showed up in my tests and scans (even though my calcitonin levels continued to rise). My symptoms from my parathyroid tumor were beginning to get worse. It had been over 20 years since my second surgery and each time we tried to locate the cancerous tumor it was not found. I decided to address the tumor on my parathyroid because by this time I was growing tired of the multiple kidney stones, all the tests that this kept requiring, and all the time off from work due to several kidney stone surgeries. It was time to try the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. The multiple surgeries I had made my case more difficult and there was no guarantee that my parathyroid tumor could be found. The entire process, working with the staff at Norman Parathyroid Clinic, was so easy and they were so professional and wonderful to work with. The consultation was completed by phone and I was told that I was not an easy case. Due to all the scar tissue from previous surgeries there was no guarantee that the parathyroid tumor would show up on the Sestamibi scan and be located but they were willing to try. I arrived in Tampa, had my Sestamibi scan, and the tumor showed. While waiting in the prep room for my mini-surgery, Dr. Norman stops in to talk and we discussed my high calcitonin levels and I inquired if this surgery would take care of this as well. He informed me that this was an entirely different issue and after discussing the medical history regarding this that he was postponing the surgery until the next day. He stated that he was going to get the thyroid cancer specialist, Dr. Clayman, to see me for a consult and more tests would need to be ran and there was no way in good conscious could he perform his parathyroid surgery before this had been checked out. Dr. Clayman came in for his consult and ordered testing, which led to biopsies that showed the cancer. A dual surgery was then scheduled for the following day. Dr. Norman handed me over to Dr. Clayman so he could perform the surgery to remove my medullary thyroid cancer, but Dr. Norman would perform his surgery to remove the parathyroid tumor. Cancer was found in my neck and on a nerve near my vocal cord, if it had been left much longer I would have lost my voice. After surgery the aching in my legs cleared up immediately. My parathyroid hormone levels have dropped from over 100 to 9 and my calcium levels are now within normal range. Calcitonin levels have dropped from around 300-400 to less than 2. I received the most professional, loving care from everyone that was involved in my care including all the staff at the Norman Parathyroid Clinic, the Thyroid Cancer Center, Tampa General Hospital and especially Dr. James Norman, Dr. Deva Boone and Dr. Gary Clayman. Not only did they treat me as a close friend or a relative, they also treated my wife with excellent hospitality. The care did not end after the surgery though, I have been in touch daily with Dr. Boone for updates and instructions and this was at their request. I highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Clinic and The Thyroid Center and wish I had known about them earlier and sought treatment from them prior to previous surgeries. The Norman Parathyroid Clinic and the Thyroid Cancer Center was truly a blessing to me and I could not be more thankful for everything I experienced during this past year with them! Greg Moore, Ripley, WV

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Dr. Norman saved my life. It took twenty minutes inn the OR. Remaining glands were biopsied and diagnosed healthy. He sent me home and after ten years of waiting to die, I started living my life again. Sorry I didn't do my research for the first surgery in 2010. Yes two MD.s that didn't know what they were doing and sent me home with the same disease, Hyperparathyroidism. Don't be a fool. Do your research. I recommend Dr. Norman

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

Having lived for 8years with an undiagnosed hyperparathyroid i was looking forward to a surgical removal in Jan 2017 here in the U.K. I was in the operating theatre for 5 hours and unfortunately the adenoma was not found. Not wanting to live with a high calcium indefinitely, I began to researched the excellent work that is undertaken at the Norman Parathyroid Centre in Tampa Florida. I finally made contact with them and after many emails to Dr Norman I became more confident that this might be an option for me. I finally took the plunge and went over to Tampa in September. From the moment I arrived at the clinic each individual member of staff treated me with kindness and respect. The sestamibi scan was able to locate the adenoma and an ultrasound performed by Dr Norman clearly showed the offending adenoma. Dr Norman and his team successfully removed the tumour in just 26 minutes. I found the whole experience amazing from start to finish. The knowledge and expertise displayed by Dr Norman is beyond words. I would urge anyone with this condition in the UK to explore fully the expertise of the surgeon, particularly if the scans have not revealed the adenoma prior to consenting to surgery. Not everyone is in a position to go over to Dr Norman's clinic but he indicated to me that he would be willing to share information and offer advice if required about this condition. My sincere thanks again to Dr Norman and his team for giving me my life back. Debra

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Owner Of Tampa Parathyroid Practice Agrees To Pay $4 Million To Resolve False Claims Act Allegations Tampa, FL  – Dr. James Norman, the owner and operator of James Norman, MD, PA, a/k/a James Norman, MD, PA Parathyroid Center, d/b/a Norman Parathyroid Center (collectively, Norman) has agreed to pay $4 million to resolve allegations that he violated the False Claims Act by knowingly engaging in various unlawful billing practices with respect to Medicare and other federal health care programs and their beneficiaries.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. James Norman did my parathyroid surgery on August 15, 2017. He is the expert in his field. In addition, he is kind, caring, and has a great sense of humor. I recommend Dr. Norman with the greatest praise!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Norman gave me a new life. I had suffered after a botched parathyroid surgery 17 years ago. No one would even look at me. He was so kind and caring. Also a great surgeon. I highly recommend you see him. You can feel better!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Lost a $6 million case for Medicare Fraud--please check it out on line and beware he is not an ethical doctor

Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. James G. Norman's Credentials

• Oral Roberts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• Hyperparathyroidism