Ratings for Dr. James G. Norman

Best medical care I have ever had!! From the surgeons to everyone else I came in contact with , all were fantastic. It's only been 5 days and I'm already feeling better!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

It has almost been 5 weeks since my parathyroidectomy surgery (March 17,17). All I can say, is that you all are AMAZING. But after all of my research on your extremely thorough website, I didn¹t expect anything less. Since my surgery, I have had my kidneys checked for stones and all looks great and my Dexa scan came back great as well. Officially, 2weeks after my parathyroidectomy surgery, all of my energy began coming back full force. I had NO idea how much energy I had lost, and was seriously not expecting this. I was primarily looking forward to no more kidney stones. Thanks again for all The Norman Parathyroid Center does for their patience everyday. And to Dr. Boone for an amazing & successful surgery.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

When tests ordered by my new physician indicated possible hyperparathyroidism, I started doing research and found parathyroid.com. I was convinced that if I needed surgery I would have it done at Dr.Norman's clinic and my physician supported my decision. He also helped me follow their guidelines for testing. I downloaded their CalciumPro app and entered my data, but it told me my risk was "mid-range possible." This left me with a difficult decision since I live on the west coast and knew both the out-of-state consultation fee and travel to Florida would be expensive. I sent an email to parathyroid.com explaining my quandary and was amazed when Dr. Normal personally responded the next day saying, "Let me make this easier for you...with zero cost and zero travel. Take a screen shot of your labs on the CalciumPro app and email them to me. Let me see all of your labs and I'll tell you what to do." I did and he did!! Within 24 hours he told me the likelihood of my having hyperparathyroidism was very low. Too low to proceed with a consult with them. That it wouldn't be worth my time or money. He said to "put it way back on the back burner" and have tests done again in 1-2 years. If the time comes I do need surgery, I wouldn't consider having it done anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Had 2 parathyroids removed in March of 2013. It took some time for some of my symptoms to go away, but was very pleased to have chosen Dr. Norman for my surgery. I am having hypothyroid, hashimoto's and adrenal problems, wish I could find someone as good as Dr. Norman in my area....Would definitely recommend this clinic and doctor....God Bless you as God uses you to help many people....LeAnn

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

My surgery took place November, 2016. This man and his clinic - literally saved my life. For many years I had been plagued with several medical issues. Many so-called "specialists" were involved. Not once - ever - did a single one wonder if my hyerparathyroid might be the problem. He knew. Within hours after surgery I started to feel relief. My bones did NOT ache anymore. This has been nothing short of a miracle that I even found my way to him. I am so thankful and grateful for Dr. Norman, his associates, lab, staff....I owe them my gratitude every day for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Better at marketing than anything else. I sent a patient to him because I couldn't find a website that wasn't his. How does he schedule 10 patients per day? What happens if a case requires extra time? Would not recommend and will not send to him again.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

by Trayt, Mission Viejo, CA Dr. Norman and his exemplary team at Norman Parathyroid Center are without peer. For more than three years my calcium readings had been higher than 10, but just above the "acceptable range." My vitamin D was at the low end of the acceptable range, but would not improve. Based on my research, I felt I had hyperparathyroidism but my local doctors disagreed. Instead, they felt that my readings were just barely out of the normal range and could not be the cause of my symptoms. I deferred to those doctors until mid 2016. By then my health had further deteriorated. After a battery of tests my medical professionals had no answers and no solutions. When I restarted my research into high calcium and low vitamin D, I found the Calcium Pro app on Parathyoid.com. The app confirmed and substantiated that my high calcium readings and resultant symptoms were caused by hyperparathyroidism, which could be cured only by surgery. I immediately contacted Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida and arranged for the complex, but quick, parathyroid surgery. Within 3 1⁄2 hours of its start on August 2, 2016, my surgery was complete, I was through recovery and I was released. Immediately after surgery, the severe pain in my feet and legs was gone. I understand that it will take several weeks for my body to properly function with the normal calcium levels. The decision to fly 3,000 miles to enable Norman Parathyroid Center to resolve my health issues was a home run. After my extensive research there was not even a close runner-up to perform my parathyroid surgery. The reality of my experience at Norman Parathyroid Center was at least as good as the promises implied. Thank you Norman Parathyroid Center for your expertise, your care, your professionalism, your Calcium Pro app and, last not least, your amazingly informative web site at Parathyoid.com.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I had my surgery August 2, 2016 by Dr Norman. I was referred to his center after 3 surgeries. He evaluate my case and in the surgery he take out my tumor after been 6 years causing a lot of problems and a bad pain. Thanks to his experienced and team. They made me feel comfortable and relax. My last surgery was very bad, 6 hours and a lot of complications. Thanks Dr Norman, I'm have my life back and I can enjoy my family. I'm cured and we all celebrate the good news. Thanks....... From Puerto Rico

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Had surgery on 6-3-2016 results immediate & spectacular,& I'm in my 80th year & have stage 5 kidney failure! If you want to just have this operation once you better to Norman clinic! I came from Oregon & it was well worth the effort!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Norman and his staff are highly knowledgeable and professional. He found and removed my bad parathyroid after I had already had a 4 1/2 hr surgery by my local surgeon. My family and I will be forever grateful for his expertise! Thank you Dr. Norman!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. James G. Norman's Credentials

• Oral Roberts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• Hyperparathyroidism