Dr. James G. Norman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James G. Norman

Having lived for 8years with an undiagnosed hyperparathyroid i was looking forward to a surgical removal in Jan 2017 here in the U.K. I was in the operating theatre for 5 hours and unfortunately the adenoma was not found. Not wanting to live with a high calcium indefinitely, I began to researched the excellent work that is undertaken at the Norman Parathyroid Centre in Tampa Florida. I finally made contact with them and after many emails to Dr Norman I became more confident that this might be an option for me. I finally took the plunge and went over to Tampa in September. From the moment I arrived at the clinic each individual member of staff treated me with kindness and respect. The sestamibi scan was able to locate the adenoma and an ultrasound performed by Dr Norman clearly showed the offending adenoma. Dr Norman and his team successfully removed the tumour in just 26 minutes. I found the whole experience amazing from start to finish. The knowledge and expertise displayed by Dr Norman is beyond words. I would urge anyone with this condition in the UK to explore fully the expertise of the surgeon, particularly if the scans have not revealed the adenoma prior to consenting to surgery. Not everyone is in a position to go over to Dr Norman's clinic but he indicated to me that he would be willing to share information and offer advice if required about this condition. My sincere thanks again to Dr Norman and his team for giving me my life back. Debra

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Owner Of Tampa Parathyroid Practice Agrees To Pay $4 Million To Resolve False Claims Act Allegations Tampa, FL  – Dr. James Norman, the owner and operator of James Norman, MD, PA, a/k/a James Norman, MD, PA Parathyroid Center, d/b/a Norman Parathyroid Center (collectively, Norman) has agreed to pay $4 million to resolve allegations that he violated the False Claims Act by knowingly engaging in various unlawful billing practices with respect to Medicare and other federal health care programs and their beneficiaries.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. James Norman did my parathyroid surgery on August 15, 2017. He is the expert in his field. In addition, he is kind, caring, and has a great sense of humor. I recommend Dr. Norman with the greatest praise!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Norman gave me a new life. I had suffered after a botched parathyroid surgery 17 years ago. No one would even look at me. He was so kind and caring. Also a great surgeon. I highly recommend you see him. You can feel better!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Lost a $6 million case for Medicare Fraud--please check it out on line and beware he is not an ethical doctor

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Awesome…the entire staff… from the office support, fabulous doctors/nurses, the surgical team including the hospital staff!!! Tampa General Hospital provided an atmosphere of peace and calm. This energized bunny has been re-energized!!! I am so thankful and blessed to have found the Norman Parathyroid Center. May God bless all of you for your dedication and caring in giving people back their lives in an easy, no non-sense manner!!! If you are having any parathyroid issues look no further…put your complete trust in the Norman Parathyroid Center these professionals know what they’re doing! Claudia B, Largo, FL

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

It's now very easy to see why people travel worldwide to see Dr Norman and his staff. From the initial office visit to the process and staff at Tampa General's Parathyroid Unit, I was very impressed with the interactions of the staff, the anesthesia team and the professionals on Dr Norman's team (the Surgeon, the ARNP and his OR nurses) it was a professional and compassionate experience from start to finish.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I cannot praise Norman Thyroid Center enough. We brought our mother to the center three years ago. Because she was 89, I did extensive resource to find the best place for surgery. We brought her from Texas in a wheelchair. From the moment we stepped into the center she was treated like everyone's mother. She was quickly put at ease. Because she had multiple tumors in ALL glands, her surgery too 30 minutes. She did wonderful and we took her to the hotel within a few hours and brought her home to Texas the next day. She walked onto the plane and has never used a wheelchair or walker since that trip. Her mind quickly cleared and her body was back to normal almost immediately. We went on a two week cruise within a month and she actually started a new business. She is now approaching 93 and her doctor said she will make 100 quite easily! It has been a pure joy to see her and know she enjoys her life once again. I recently was diagnosed with tumors on my parathyroid glands. I will give you one guess where this Texas gal is heading in a few days!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Best medical care I have ever had!! From the surgeons to everyone else I came in contact with , all were fantastic. It's only been 5 days and I'm already feeling better!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

It has almost been 5 weeks since my parathyroidectomy surgery (March 17,17). All I can say, is that you all are AMAZING. But after all of my research on your extremely thorough website, I didn¹t expect anything less. Since my surgery, I have had my kidneys checked for stones and all looks great and my Dexa scan came back great as well. Officially, 2weeks after my parathyroidectomy surgery, all of my energy began coming back full force. I had NO idea how much energy I had lost, and was seriously not expecting this. I was primarily looking forward to no more kidney stones. Thanks again for all The Norman Parathyroid Center does for their patience everyday. And to Dr. Boone for an amazing & successful surgery.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. James G. Norman's Credentials

• Oral Roberts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• Hyperparathyroidism