Ratings for Dr. James G. Norman

Had 2 parathyroids removed in March of 2013. It took some time for some of my symptoms to go away, but was very pleased to have chosen Dr. Norman for my surgery. I am having hypothyroid, hashimoto's and adrenal problems, wish I could find someone as good as Dr. Norman in my area....Would definitely recommend this clinic and doctor....God Bless you as God uses you to help many people....LeAnn

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

My surgery took place November, 2016. This man and his clinic - literally saved my life. For many years I had been plagued with several medical issues. Many so-called "specialists" were involved. Not once - ever - did a single one wonder if my hyerparathyroid might be the problem. He knew. Within hours after surgery I started to feel relief. My bones did NOT ache anymore. This has been nothing short of a miracle that I even found my way to him. I am so thankful and grateful for Dr. Norman, his associates, lab, staff....I owe them my gratitude every day for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Better at marketing than anything else. I sent a patient to him because I couldn't find a website that wasn't his. How does he schedule 10 patients per day? What happens if a case requires extra time? Would not recommend and will not send to him again.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

by Trayt, Mission Viejo, CA Dr. Norman and his exemplary team at Norman Parathyroid Center are without peer. For more than three years my calcium readings had been higher than 10, but just above the "acceptable range." My vitamin D was at the low end of the acceptable range, but would not improve. Based on my research, I felt I had hyperparathyroidism but my local doctors disagreed. Instead, they felt that my readings were just barely out of the normal range and could not be the cause of my symptoms. I deferred to those doctors until mid 2016. By then my health had further deteriorated. After a battery of tests my medical professionals had no answers and no solutions. When I restarted my research into high calcium and low vitamin D, I found the Calcium Pro app on Parathyoid.com. The app confirmed and substantiated that my high calcium readings and resultant symptoms were caused by hyperparathyroidism, which could be cured only by surgery. I immediately contacted Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida and arranged for the complex, but quick, parathyroid surgery. Within 3 1⁄2 hours of its start on August 2, 2016, my surgery was complete, I was through recovery and I was released. Immediately after surgery, the severe pain in my feet and legs was gone. I understand that it will take several weeks for my body to properly function with the normal calcium levels. The decision to fly 3,000 miles to enable Norman Parathyroid Center to resolve my health issues was a home run. After my extensive research there was not even a close runner-up to perform my parathyroid surgery. The reality of my experience at Norman Parathyroid Center was at least as good as the promises implied. Thank you Norman Parathyroid Center for your expertise, your care, your professionalism, your Calcium Pro app and, last not least, your amazingly informative web site at Parathyoid.com.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I had my surgery August 2, 2016 by Dr Norman. I was referred to his center after 3 surgeries. He evaluate my case and in the surgery he take out my tumor after been 6 years causing a lot of problems and a bad pain. Thanks to his experienced and team. They made me feel comfortable and relax. My last surgery was very bad, 6 hours and a lot of complications. Thanks Dr Norman, I'm have my life back and I can enjoy my family. I'm cured and we all celebrate the good news. Thanks....... From Puerto Rico

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Had surgery on 6-3-2016 results immediate & spectacular,& I'm in my 80th year & have stage 5 kidney failure! If you want to just have this operation once you better to Norman clinic! I came from Oregon & it was well worth the effort!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Norman and his staff are highly knowledgeable and professional. He found and removed my bad parathyroid after I had already had a 4 1/2 hr surgery by my local surgeon. My family and I will be forever grateful for his expertise! Thank you Dr. Norman!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I never thought that I would select a surgeon via the Internet, but I did and it was the correct decision. Upon being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, I immediately sought to educate myself on the condition and I found Dr. James Norman's site, parathyroid.com. Dr. Norman did my surgery and I believe that I would have lost my voice permanently if I had not had a highly experienced parathyroid surgeon like Dr. Norman perform the procedure. In Dr. Norman's words, I had "one of the largest, if not the largest parathyroid tumors" they had seen there. They had to manipulate the nerves to my larnyx from the tumor and according to Dr. Norman "they don't like that." My voice was reduced to a whisper for about two months. Dr. Norman called me every Friday to check on me until my voice suddenly returned, just as he predicted. I am convinced that a less experienced surgeon would have cut or permanently damaged my vocal chord nerves. Dr. Norman has not got the memo that states that doctors don't criticize other doctors. He is very frank, but refreshingly to the point. He does not lack conficence. The process for arranging services at The Norman Parathryoid Center is routine and easy. The Norman Center is spotless, modern, and well-kept, The staff is first-class and the equipment and furnishings are well maintained. Upon checking in, I waited approximately five minutes and there were no further waits. The process is well organized, prompt, and efficient. I was in and out in four hours. I had no pain, minor soreness; we went out to dinner that night. If one has been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism, I would strongly advise a visit to parathyroid. com to start. The site is easy for a layman to understand. I belive that I know more than the (local) doctors about the disease because of the information there.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Parathyroid issue - do not confuse. book appointment with Norman. I got my parathyroid gland removed by Dr.Politz. I was cured in 20 minutes. I see people comment about post surgery service, Norman and his doctors are very prompt in responding to any queries post surgery. Very professionally run and doctors & staffs great.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I encourage anyone with high blood calcium to work with the Norman Parathyroid Center. They are top notch. I traveled from MD to FL for treatment, and it is the best money I have ever spent. They solved my problem in a 20 minute procedure. Terrific bedside manner, skill, and follow up

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. James G. Norman's Credentials

• Oral Roberts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• Hyperparathyroidism