Ratings for Dr. Emerson B. Bueno

I, as well as several members of my family, have seen Dr. Bueno for about 5 years. I've lived with inadequately treated bipolar for over 10 years, and he was the first psychiatrist that found a medication that worked for me. He is very skilled in pharmaceuticals, which is a key component of treating many disorders. He is not a therapist, but an effective MD in my opinion. My husband, who is currently being treated for ADD by Dr. Bueno, is also very happy.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Bueno is a legal pill pusher. He will lie straight to your face and, if you have a similar experience to me, make your problem ten-fold worse. It is very transparent that this Dr. is more interested in seeing as many patients in a day, as he can, as opposed to giving any kind of meaningful service. If you are seeking medical help, I strongly recommend you seek it elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

He is late then only sees me for 2 minutes. His overcharged me and now I am fighting to get my money back. He is also very very rude.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

On my second visit I waited over an hour to see Dr Bueno - past my appt time. No .

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

One of the worst doctors I have ever consulted. He is a legal prescription drug pusher; nothing more and nothing less. Dr. Bueno greatly contributed in making my problems several times worse. I'm sure it was not intentional but I went to him for help, not to get hooked on prescription drugs. He comes across as pleasent but that is just, in my opinion, his schtick. He doesn't know you from Adam and he doesn't follow up. He consistently gave me contradictory doctor's orders. He would tell me to do one thing and then when, I reported I had a bad experience doing that, he would emphatically tell me he had said to do the opposite. He would be visibly frustrated. I am speaking, specifically, in terms of what dosage of drugs he had said to take. I kept doubting myself. But, it happened several times. I wonder how many other patients have had this same experience? The one good thing I will say about Dr. Bueno is that he returns phone calls after hours and would show patience.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Dr. Bueno is an affable person but has too many patients. Often I felt like he could not remember details of my case and I saw him for a very long time. I am not the only one of his patients who has expressed this same thing. I understand with such a heavy schedule that this could happen. My suggestion is that he limit his patient load and spend more time with each one to truly help them. I've had to see other Drs since him and now feel like I might finally be on the right track. Having said all of this, I did like him personally. I just should have changed Drs far earlier on in the process. To be fair, he did tell me this. He also did refer me out with names and numbers.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Dr Bueno was very quick to take my copays but he was not very helpful when I ran into negative side effects from medication. Dr Bueno gave up on me today and gave me a list of other doctors to see. I feel very taken advantage of and I wish that I had read his reviews on this site before stepping foot in his office. His secretary is less than helpful and you can not reach him over the phone either.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

This Dr was horrible! I would definitely NOT recommend this Dr. because he couldn't, wouldn't and didn't even attempt to help me. I am Bi-Polar and I just found out that I also have Narcolepsy. Literally, from the moment I walked into his office he stated that he didn't think he could help me. He stated that my case was just too difficult and he said that we should just consider this as a second opinion. How could he offer an opinion if he couldn't handle my case to begin with?? If he knew ahead of time that he couldn't help me I don't understand why he didn't just cancel the appt instead of having me waste my time and money?? He said he would call another Dr to see if he could handle my challenging case (which I never heard anything more about him calling!). This Dr was NOT helpful in any way!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Dr. Bueno seemed unwilling to try different medications. He insisted that I was a manic depressive, but those medications don't work for e as I have monopolar depression. He also was angry at me for not wanting to take a medicine as I could not tolerate the side effects. He also was not available ever for phone calls, even said he wanted me to call him if I ad any problems! He also had his teenage son call his patients to remind them of their appointments! I felt that this was unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2008

We have gone to Dr. Bueno for years. I highly recommend him. He's knowledgeable and attuned to his patient. His day often runs a few minutes late, but it's well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2006

Dr. Emerson B. Bueno's Credentials

• Univ Of The East, Ramon Magsaysay Mem Med Ctr, Quezon City (Grad. 1978)

AHC