Ratings for Dr. J. Leland Hughes

Doctor was either preoccupied or disinterested and was very rude when I brought my elderly disabled husband in for blood pressure medicine and a cortisone shot for hip pain. We were shocked. He overdosed my husband's BP prescription and when I questioned it (also the pharmacist and his nurse had questioned it), he got surly, yelled at us that we don't have medical licenses, hastily wrote out the corrected med, and then slammed the door as he left., leaving my husband cringing in the chair behind his walker. Our friend was in the waiting room and came in to help my husband exit the the building and ramp.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I saw Dr. Hughes once and that was one too many times. Before making the appt. I had his staff verify that they take Medicare and that they had the facilities to take the nasal swab test because he's just not going to believe me when I tell him I had thrush, which is a fungus infection in the bronchial tubes, mimics pneumonia, and I needed diflucan. And that's exactly what happened. He did not believe me and REFUSED to do a 10 minutes nasal swab test to prove it was not the flu. He prescribed Levofloxacin 500mg that made me VERY VERY sick. Any questions on that....google Levofloxin side effects.....it prints out 6 pages of deadly effects.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Have used this physician for many years. He is always helpful, and will take whatever time is necessary. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Doctor was very knowledgeable, but he often appeared to be distracted or uninterested when dealing with patients. His staff was often rude or demeaning. In one instance a nurse gave me grief for not knowing my exact medication when she was standing there with the chart in her hands. The office was almost always empty, but even arriving right on time I would frequently have to wait 30 minutes or more to see the doctor. After switching doctors and requesting my records, I was essentially threatened that "he won't take me back". Good riddance.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

This guy is great!! Very "real." He takes the time to listen to his pts and you can tell he is concerned. The staff is also great!! Very very accommodating .. I love this doc!! Debbie Griffin

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013