You may also like

I was treated with Voluma by Dr. Avram at Mass General Hospital. He explained the procedure carefully and answered all my questions. He performed the treatments using a cannula which deceased my pain and bruising. I am very happy with my treatment and will see him again.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I saw Dr. Avram for Ruby laser freckle removal. I asked about the efficacy of the laser treatment and was led to believe that it works. After paying $125 and $150 for a consultation and test procedure, the Ruby laser did not work. I was not permitted to speak with Dr. Avram to ask him why it didn't work. I also asked if I could come in for a 2nd test procedure at no charge (because paying $150 twice for a test procedure is unreasonable) to see if it would work after a second time because I really wanted to have the procedure but they said no. I would never go here again or recommend this practice. Also, the price quoted over the phone was different from the price quoted in office.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I have a big permanent scar from Mass General Cosmetic Derm. I was told by the doctor that the scar would go away and that I looked better than prior to the treatment. It's been 6 months and I am still scarred. The area of tissue bigger than a dime. The tissue is lined and recessed, discolored as well. When I approached the office a second time, they were bullying by implying that they did not make any mistake, but that I have a psychological disorder so am imagining this scar. I can remember one particular visit when while in the waiting area, I noticed that this same doctor had called Mass General Security up to t office in order to confront a petite female patient who was in the waiting area with her young daughter. I thought it was it was strange at the time and now realize that this practice is strange. If you want a big permanent scar in the middle of your face, then go to this doctor. I am tempted to report the practice.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

From personal experience, don't use this practice!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I had Dr. Avram remove a tiny spider vein from my face using the laser. I now have scars and one of the scars left a raised bump in the center of my face. The office doesn't care. I would never again use this practice.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I agree with others on here. He is a nice guy. Made me feel normal when I told him I have a picking issue. He recommended that I don't need any cosmetic procedures, which makes sense for my situation. He also said acne just happens, But picking will make it much worse. Washing your face is good, but don't over do it. He also said imagine what your skin would look like if you had your hands tied and didn't touch it for a year... It would look so much better. That made perfect sense. I know it all sounds "DUH" but sometimes you just need to hear some words from someone caring and intelligent to digest it all. The Internet is too varyingly oppinionated and not at all a help for people who suffer. Ask someone YOU trust what MD they see, and you'll get some answers. But don't believe most reviews like this because some sound very scripted, and most people only write about their bad experiences. But anyway, he's a good Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Dr. Avram is an empathetic and compassionate physician. He inspires trust and confidence through his patient interactions. His skill and qualifications as a leading dermatologist in the field of laser skin treatment is well documented, but his calm demeanor,patient contact and follow-up go above and beyond any anticipated doctor/patient service expectations. Exceptional!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Avram is highly professional. He is very honest, extremely knowledgeable. He does not recommend procedures unless it would really benefit you. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr. Mathew M. Avram's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2000)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was treated with Voluma by Dr. Avram at Mass General Hospital. He explained the procedure carefully and answered all my questions. He performed the treatments..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Avram for Ruby laser freckle removal. I asked about the efficacy of the laser treatment and was led to believe that it works. After paying $125 and $..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have a big permanent scar from Mass General Cosmetic Derm. I was told by the doctor that the scar would go away and that I looked better than prior to the tre..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "From personal experience, don't use this practice!"

October 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent care from nurses to physician Took care of my issue with one treatment"

September 27, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was misled by this practice and now have scars from a procedure I had done there."

September 14, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr. Avram remove a tiny spider vein from my face using the laser. I now have scars and one of the scars left a raised bump in the center of my face. T..."

September 14, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Mathew" to "Mathew M."

October 20, 2013