Ratings for Dr. Ira S. Cantor

Dr cantor is helpful, kind and knowledgable. I appreciate his use of holistic and western medicine mix. Waiting for your appt. is very frustrating I agree but you can always change doctors if you find the wait time unbearable. Just the other day my appt was an hour and half late and waiting with screaming kids is not fun. But he's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Go here if you like to wait 2 hours for every spot with a Dr. who could care less about you.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr cantor has horrible bedside manner. He did not look at my child durin the visit and could not have been less interested in what we had to say. I ho early think I would have gotten better medical advice calling into Ms Cleo the fortune teller. How he got here is a testament to how easy it is to become a primary care dr. Shame on him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

we are not happy leaving office to another doctors office...

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Dr. Cantor is a great doctor. For years, I tried to find a doctor who would treat with a natural approach first, but who was not opposed to using traditional medicines and methods. I'm so surprised to read that people felt he didn't care or take time with them. He always takes his time with me, even though the office is always busy. (He spends time with every patient, which can mean you'll have a bit of a wait.) He never makes me feel rushed or unimportant. In the three years we've been going there, I feel he's made a real effort to get to know me and my husband, and I feel we are very well cared for. He sends emails after receiving test results, and has returned all emails we've sent him. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I find Dr Cantor to be very caring and always interested in everything I have to tell him. I feel very lucky to have found him. He helped me prepare for chemo and radiation and I feel as though I came through it better and stronger than some of my friends did. I hope he can help you as much as he helped me....

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

I saw him several years ago he was o.k. Then I get a bill from a lab for work that was never done with Dr Cantor listed as the ordering doctor. Staff was not helpful, now the bill is going to collections because of an error on their part. The error has taken up so much of my time but Cantor's office is refusing to take responsibility for their mistake.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

My family and I have been going to Steiner Medical for 8 years. Dr. Cantor is pretty good with my boys and I see Dr. Corpus or Dr. Flood --both are great. The homeopathic remedies have proven fairly successful.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

I read the other comments about Dr. Cantor and was surprized. I found him to be very patient, not bossy at all to me and I am a female. I want to give him a chance since he did show an interest in my problems. I really liked him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Was only interested in selling me expensive supplements. Not very compassionate, especially if you found the same supplements from a different distributor for a cheaper price. Then he got nasty.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Ira S. Cantor's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

• Blue Cross Of California