Ratings for Dr. Leslie R. Mcgowan

I had the best experience at this office today. The young woman on the front desk was kind and helpful. Angel, Dr. McGowan's med tech, was competent and engaging. When Dr. McGowan arrived at the appointed time, he was attentive and interested in hearing me say what I already knew about my condition. He spent an appropriate amount of time with me (20 minutes) and could not have been nicer. I'm sorry I didn't get his nurse's name, but she was wonderful as well. I checked out, and the woman who helped me was efficient and friendly. We will see what the kidney ultra sound brings in a few weeks, but I look forward to another pleasant experience. My appointment was at 8:30, so perhaps scheduling early is better in order to have the best experience.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Had as pleasant of an experience as one can have visiting a urologist. He was personable and seemed competent.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

This was the worst doctors office i have ever experienced. Staff was rude called me a lier about my own coverage. Dr was in and out in 5 minutes. Left room and ever came back. Nurse said it wasn't a kidney stone and that was it. No follow up or test ordered or anything. Awful awful !!!!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

He spent less than 5 minutes with me. He was very obviously impatient and did not have time to answer my questions or listen to my suggestions. He just said we will do a CT Scan and take it from there. After his nurse contacted me the next day with test results, I had a follow-up question regarding the urology issue that prompted my visit to him. The nurse put me on hold and came back right away and said he could not treat me and to go to my own Doctor. I explained my General Practitioner sent me to a Urologist. My new Doctor said they should have given me a prescription. She is getting the results of the CT Scan from him and will assist me. My out of pocket for this visit to Dr. McGowan is $600. WOW!!!!did I get ripped off.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Not very kind and understanding to the needs of elderly patients. Uncaring and rude. Have seen the other two doctors in the same practice and they are no better. Don't waste your time. Sherry the scheduler is incompetent and rude. She is not helpful and has no consideration to the concerns of elderly patients.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Leslie R. Mcgowan's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)