Ratings for Dr. David M. Gursky

Many years ago 1999-2002 I was one of Dr. Gurskys first patients. We laughed and cried together. Dr. Gursky pulled me out of the pits of life. He saved my life! To this day I still remember our conversations. I miss him as my doctor and friend. His ways of not being so clinical and talking on one's level made me comfortable in every way.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

He is fairly personable. He gave me a hug after every session and, while I am a generally huggy person, it made me pretty uncomfortable. He occasionally talked about taking me to his vacation home with his family. He never did it, but I was never sure how I was supposed to respond to that. He didn't leave me worse off than when he met me, but he wasn't helpful and I felt like I was never making any progress with him. Therapy with him was more like babysitting than anything else; checking in with him every week so that people could feel better that there was a professional taking care of things and who knew how likely I was to kill myself.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011