Ratings for Dr. James C. Ballard

Kept me very informed and answered all my questions, overall very pleased.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2019

Dr. Ballard is very engaged in the 'whole' picture. He listens well and clearly explains the process. He is extremely supportive throughout from injury to surgery and recovery.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2019

I feel amazing after surgery. Able to do so many things that I was not able to do in the past. Wish I would have had it sooner1

flag | Submitted September 13, 2019

Dr. Ballard told me we are going to get you better, and that is exactly what he did. I was a reconstruction case and had my reservations going back under the knife, Dr. Ballard is and has been very professional and my wife and I are very pleased to have found this clinic, Thank-You so very much see ya in 2021. .

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019

Absolutely fantastic!!! Not only are they most highly proficient in their knowledge and surgical skills, but they truly care about each patient's personal needs and questions. 100 percent responsive including the anesthesiologist who was also outstanding!!! The entire team deserves the highest recognition, praise and gratitude for giving above and beyond the medical standards. How do I know. This is my second hip replacement. The first one was done by the head of orthopedics in Kirkland Wa. Just one of many, many comparative examples, would be 4 and 1/2 months on a walker as compared to 1 and 1/2 weeks at the most with the 2nd operation. This entire team gets a 5 Star rating as THE VERY BEST!!! My gratitude knows no bounds. Catherine (Kathy) Houser, who now can return to living a pain-free life thanks to this entire team. .

flag | Submitted August 3, 2019

Would and will recommend James to any one I meet with a joint issue. Thanks so so much!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2019

Absolutely no concern or respect for patients. Especially Dr. James Ballard! The staff is horrid! (the only thing they do efficiently is to make sure you have your payments ready before anything is done). Dr. Ballard in the beginning seemed decent, but that changed with his utmost disrespectful cancellation of my hip surgery without even asking me. ( I planned a month ahead getting time off, hiring people for my after surgery care...renting a single level house...). These people are rude and shameless in their conduct of business or practice.u Please remember that there are other clinics with a little bit more respect for patients than the dollar signs.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2019

Dr. James C. Ballard

Dr. James C. Ballard's response
Hip and knee replacement surgeries are amazing procedures, but they have risk. Reducing that risk for each of my patients is my singular priority - even if that involves last minute cancellations. Frustration with that is understandable; however, inflammatory and defamatory responses are not. Sometimes health problems, that make outpatient surgery unsafe, are discovered very late in the process. In these instances, I exhaust all efforts to immediately change my schedule and hopefully, find time the same day to perform the operation in a local hospital. Moreover, my office makes multiple attempts to contact affected patients to avoid disruptions. I often personally reach out, as well. These efforts are useless if a patient doesn’t take our calls or becomes belligerent or inappropriate with my staff. If patients flatly refuse our attempts to amend the situation, then we are hamstrung in moving forward with a reasonable solution. One month ago, I was flying to speak at a meeting back East. Delta presented me with a 6-hour delay during my layover. I missed the meeting. I was frustrated but ultimately grateful that Delta prioritized my safety over my convenience. We do the same for our patients. While I am sorry for any inconvenience, I am proud of our team for putting safety first.

Submitted July 2, 2019

Only issue I had with this left knee replacement was in the first 10 days. The leg swelled unbelievably large and created a lot of pain and pressure. Still today the nerves in the leg are somewhat sensitive to touch as a result.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2019

My overall experience has been fantastic from the medical professionals to the surgery and on to the office staff. Everything has been well discussed and explained to me throughout this process.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

I could not say enough about the quality of care I received from Dr. Ballard and his staff. I am just short of 6 weeks post surgery and feel great. I am able to walk with a good gait and never feel like I am going to trip up. Each day I feel stronger. I will and have already recommended dr. Ballard to friends. What a great surgeon. He gave me my walking life back. Thanks.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2019

Dr. James C. Ballard's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Workers Comp