Ratings for Dr. Chevies W. Newman

He is an awesome Dr. He was very explanatory with every question I had. Love his happy personality

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

After researching several OBGYN's in Covington I made the decision to give Dr. Newman a try. This is my 1st pregnancy so of course I am nervous and full of questions. I went in for my 1st appointment which was also my 1st ultrasound he preformed the exam with ease and was informative, he also acknowledged my husband and made him feel welcomed and also cared for.I have never had a male doctor before, but I am comfortable with this change. I am now in my 8 month and still feel confident and secure. I have also really enjoyed his assistant and feel she is very much apart of my over all experience. My waiting time is usually on point and the Doc. is usually on time. Nothing in this life is perfect. I will follow up with another rating after delivery. I recommend Dr. Newman and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. Newman came highly recommended by a colleague of mine. So, I decided to call him. Strike one: Called to make appt, no one answered so I left my info at the beginning and end of my voice message to be thorough. Didn't hear anything back for 8 days, so decided to walk in to make appointment. Strike two: I walked in to schedule my appointment and the personnel took an hour and 15 minutes to acknowledge me. Strike three: Got a confirmation call, with a request to show up 15 minutes early. Was the first patient in the facility and waited 45 minutes before I had to cancel my appointment. Never met the Dr. I am usually in the habit of giving people the benefit of a doubt, but I am miffed at all three of my experiences with this establishment.My appointment process was poor.My wait time was excessive.Service was not prompt/courteous.I did not see my physician. For these reasons, I would give the facility less than a one-star rating if I could. I hope you have a different experience.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Newman by some friends at the gym. I had been looking for a new doctor due to being unhappy with the one I had been seeing. Needed my annual and decided to see him. He seems to be a very caring doctor. Answered all my questions patiently which I did not have with previous doctor. Would definitely recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Dr. Newmans staff is the most pleasant group of ladies I have ever met or seen in an OB/GYN surrounded by that at home comfortable feeling but with much professionalism. Dr. Newman none compares. The manner in which he listens and also repeating treatment, diagnosis and procedures with great concern and educating towards his patient is very clear, understanding and comforting. His sense of humor also says a lot about character. This is of course all based on my experience with him. I was referred to him when I was in the delivery room as my first grandchild was being brought into this world. At that time I knew that the passion he displays for his patients goes above and beyond just another day at work. This man loved his job...and he loved the women that put their children and lives in his hands. I will let any and all women know that Dr. Newman and his staff is the only recommendation I have to give. His time and concern of your medical history is precise and very through.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Nice place, clean, nice staff, good experience. It was comfortable, nice and overall pleasant.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Terrible staff and Dr. Newman is disorganized with his exam notes and reports. No wonder his office has a sanction against them for something stemming from their medical records.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

Dr. Newman recently moved into his new office. It is beautiful and his staff is nice as they could be. He is a very caring doctor and really listened to me and my needs/concerns.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

Dr Newman is a great doctor! He took his time and went thru every detail of my medical history. I plan on having a baby and will definately have Dr Newman by my side through it.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

Dr. Newman is a good guy. His staff is terrible. I liked Tammy but she left. They are just so unorganized and the office manager is rude. I needed to get in touch with him after hours and the phone number I had was hers I guess because she answered without the standard office greeting. Anyway I asked if I could speak with Dr Newman and she said he doesn't take calls after hours. Well what if I was in labor ~~was 34 weeks at this time!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Dr. Chevies W. Newman's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1999)

Pacificare