Ratings for Dr. Meihui Ma

Dr. Ma's Office after he told me my repetitive job contributes to my cluster headaches, never got back to my regular doctor, so he is sending me back to work, his office never got back to Cigna for my temporary disability so I haven't had any income in over a month- when I die at work my wife is going to sue Dr. MA's Lazy & Incompetent Staff, I also have been working in severe pain for 3 years from Osteo-Arthritis, I am the youngest person in this country to receive 2 thirty year Knees, after my last 2 Knee surgery's my Osteo- Arthritis has Spread like wild fire to all my other joints I also have Synovitis & Carpel tunnel & Planters Fasciitis in my feet & always have pain. I give his Staff a Rating of Zero

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

DR Ma Misdiagnosed my son as having Epilepsy. He ordered my son to have 2 EEGs. The first was all clear, so he decided we would do a sleep deprived EEG. Once that came back as all clear he put my son on mood altering medications for Epilepsy. My family doctor looked at the results of the EEG and asked why Dr. Ma had thought he had epilepsy? Said the EEGs were all clear! Went to U of M for a second opinion...my son has low blood pressure. The doctor at U of M said his EEGs showed no signs of Epilepsy at all! Do NOT go to this Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

son has been having migraines, first he said wait an see, then here's some topomax we tried it, id didnt help. went back asked for mri, ekg, was told it was a waste of money..my sons had these for 2 months now...and he prescribed a med thats never given to ppl with ashtma, cause's severe ashtma attacks..we had a referrel in for another dr b4 this last visit

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

I personally didn't agree with Dr. Ma's care. He never tried to get to the root of the problem, seemed as if maybe he was too busy with other patients. I realize sometimes & in most cases it's hard to find the "real" problem behind seizures but I was just given meds & told my EEG's were normal. We would continue down that road. Dr. Ma continuly asks if these are seizure, as if he doesn't believe they are. Yes, they have been witnessed by my family doctor, emergency room staff, along with my parents, husband, children & friends. They may not be epileptic seizures but they are seizures. Therefore, I wanted a second opinion as these headaches have been ignored and have been going on for almost 3 months. When I was in the hospital, July 30th, the nurse stated he had 23 hrs to be there to observe/see me, it was August 1, when he came in. That's when, I decided to get a second opinion. This is just some of the problems I've had, the list goes on. I will not return to Dr. Ma.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Never dealt with the Doctor. Staff was EXTREMELY unhelpful, obstructionsist and, in my opinion, deceitful. We set appointment a month out. Appt was canceled by staff the day before. Could not get a straight answer, nor could I get the same answer twice in a row. It appears the staff is 'cherry picking' clients, probably based on ability to pay. It was very disturbing that the staff wanted to call the patients brother-in-law (a non=medical person) to 'check on things' before they would agree to schedule an appointment. Again, never met the Doctor but the staff's actions were, in my opinion, discriminatory and blatantly violated patient privacy laws. We sought medical care elsewhere and will make every effort to avoid any dealing with MidMichigan Medical Center.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010