Ratings for Dr. Deborah A. Flynn-Nyktas

I went to Dr. Nyktas for a root canal which took several visits from having the tooth worked on to getting my crown fitted. I felt very comfortable during the work being done. I'm not the best dental patient to begin with, and I appreciate that Dr. Nyktas was patient with me. I didn't have to wait long to be called in on any of my visits. I felt that everything was explained to me both before and during the procedure. Overall, I am very happy with the work that was done. I would definitely go back the next time I need a dentist.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

She pretty much misdiagnosed my condition. I went for a routine cleaning & specifically told her then that I am having discomfort biting food on #19 tooth. She told me it is because of wisdom teeth#32 & wrote a letter to the surgeon to take out all my wisdom teeth especially #32. Before I visited the surgeon, I had a very bad pain & asked for antibiotics & asked her the reasoning for the pain. Without looking at the Xray properly she again told me that I need to take out wisdom teeth#32. I was not convinced & went elsewhere for a second opinion. There the chief dentist told me after looking at the X-rays that I have pain on #19 & he was confused why she asked to remove wisdom tooth#32 which is on the right side & has nothing to do with the problem I am having! I eventually had to go for a Root Canal which solved the problem & thank goodness I didn't have to remove my wisdom teeth for no reason! I would definitely not going back to her because of wrong diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013