Ratings for Dr. Gregory C. Greaney

I presented with a ruptured appendix. Dr. Greaney would not remove it, saying it was too risky. He instead treated it with antibiotics. He said it could be removed in three months. However another surgeon said he would have removed it right away. Two weeks later, I developed an abscess on the appendix and had to be rehospitalized. A drainage line was installed through my abdomen into the appendix to drain out the infection. I had to wear this device for a week. I'm having the other surgeon remove my appendix in three weeks.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I just had a mediocre consultation with Dr. Greaney. It was not worth the $20 co-pay. He failed to provide much information or advice. He was aggresive before I had a chance to say anything.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I could not be more pleased with the outcome of my PPH procedure. Given the slim margin of error involved, surgical skill and experience are paramount. Thank goodness Dr. Greaney possesses both in abundance. I greatly appreciated his direct, informative approach in helping me decide between the options. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Greaney and staff lack communication with the patient and family! They like to give the briefest explanation while the patient is medicated. There was no follow up whatsoever. Horrible experience!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I recently had surgery with Dr. Greaney and I found him to be wonderful! My situation was diagnosed as "no big deal" by another surgeon in Fresno, CA. Dr. Greaney correctly diagnosed it as cancer and surgery was done within a week. I had numerous questions and he told all the time I needed to answer them. He also personally called me at home to check on me and go over my pathology report.I found the entire staff at Sansum Clinic to be very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Greaney

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

Dr. Greaney provided excellent explanations and descriptions of his plan for my care. As a surgeon myself I felt very comfortable with his judgement and care and as expected, the surgery went very well. I recommend Dr. Greaney without reservation.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

I had horrible hemorrhoid surgery aftermath - recovery supposed to be 2-4 weeks and it was more like 4 months and recovery was no thanks to Greany or Sansum - at all. Dr. Greany did not follow up and follow through with me. He would not personally return my calls, despite how bad off I was, and I was treated as though I were the problem. When I did see him again for an appointment all he wanted to do was operate again, based on more or less of a guess of the diagnosis. I think he was afraid of a lawsuit and just wanted me to go away, and did not have my best interest or care at heart. And I feel the same about Sansum's treatment of me as a whole, with this specific episode. P.S. I am extremely self-reliant and fairly tough and a positive go-getter. I want to find solutions, think the best of people and situations and move on. If I weren't I probably would have initiated a malpractice suit by now, and sometimes I think I should, to protect others if not myself.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

I am still having bleeding in the hernia area where this physician supposedly placed a patch. He screamed at staff for not marking the incision line & asked me while I going under anesthesia where I thought the hernia was! When I awoke I had a massive seven inch exploratory scar down the center of my abdomin which tore open because he used a clamp.He severed all of the abdominal wall muscles. The hernia is still prevalent and it is interfering with other vascular areas of legs & digestive functions as well as pelvic movement. I was 52 when this happened it took me three years to walk. He's is now Cottage Hospital's main surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

Consultation, Greaney told us that the hernia surgery that I needed could be done in an outpatient surgery center. Dr. Greaney also said, " he would do an incision over the hernia and use a nylon mesh netting to mend the area that was protruding." A 3 ccm hernia was detected he said he would use invisible self dissolving stitching that required only a few real stitches at the top and bottom to hold the incision in place . He also said there would be a minimal scar, but that it would dissipate and leave little scarring. The team of nurses forgot to mark the incision line, the anesthesia was administered and the doctor looked at my stomach and said, " who forgot to mark the surgery line?" He asked me where I thought the hernia might be, and I passed out. When I woke there was a large staple several inches long down the middle of my stomach. My heart rate dropped to an alarming 32 and the nurses sat me up they ripped and widened the scar. My plastic surgeon has photos of hernia results

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

Dr. Gregory C. Greaney's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal