Ratings for Dr. Jayanthi Suppiah

My Mom taught me the "If you can't say nothing nice" rule; but I feel the need to warn people. This is by far the worst doctor I have seen ... ever. The exam was curt and I felt like an imposition. When I was presenting my symptoms, she said “I don’t have time for this”. She had my labs in front of her, but would not do anything until I had a REPEAT of the same labs performed. At this time I was already out of a critical medication, but I put my trust in her. Three days went by before I ended up going to the hospital due to the issue under her care. I called every day and asked for the lab results and follow-up prescription; and was not given an answer. After a week, I finally called the Office Manager and begged for some assistance. That day I got a call that Dr. Suppiah would not give me my needed medication and to follow-up with her in a month. Pleading with the RN that I am and have been without my medication fell on deaf ears. Asking what the point was of seeing this doctor the week before was also rebuffed. Please know this; I was not asking for any mood altering medication … I am in need of medication keep well. Now I have to wait to see another doctor next week to get my medication. I will never go back to this quack.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Great compassionate doctor. Finally a decent Endocrinologist in the valley!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Office staff very helpful on the phone, Dr Suppiah excellent,caring doctor. She spends time explaining my issues. I recommended her.

Submitted August 5, 2013

HORRIBLE! Office staff apparently doesn't like to be questioned why it takes weeks and weeks to hear my test results. After dodging the direct question numerous times and attempting to blame others in the office, THEY HUNG UP ON ME. I called back and demanded to speak to the doctor directly and was told that I was rude and that Dr Suppiah would return my call. Over a week later I called back and was told that I was rude. MELISSA THE RECEPTIONIST HUNG UP AGAIN! ONLY AFTER I told them that I would be happy to come to loudly pick them up in person was I informed that they would call the police. ONLY THEN did the lowly receptionist announce that they had already sent them to my primary care doctor. The doctor visit was somewhat brief, late, and rather perfunctory.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Office is never open, you never get any answers, you wait over an hour to be seen for a 10 minute appointment (which they are unprepared for), then you get a $400.00 bill for a wrong diagnoses. Horrible. Steer clear.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Caring doctor! Great bedside manner. She has been my Endocrinologist for the past 6yrs.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

Excellent, caring, doctor. Spends time explaining and thorough in approach. Have recommended her to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Gila River Healthcare
Golden Rule
Group Health
Health Alliance
Health Choice Of Arizona (Ahccss)
Health Plan Of Nevada