Ratings for Dr. Rickey L. Hutcheson

Dr. Hutcheson did a great job with my orthopedic care. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Its been two years since the accident and I am in as much pain as ever. His solution to everything was steroids and pain pills. He does not seem to care about the patient only his salary.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Hutcheson is a nice guy but misdiagnosed my wife's fractured foot. He placed her in a post-op shoe which left the ankle free to move. As a result, the tendon from the ankle continued to pull on the fracture and has caused considerable pain and a fracture that is not healing as he said it would. We went for a second opinion to a foot specialist in Chattanooga and the MD there felt the fracture was misdiagnosed and treated incorrectly. He placed my wife in a boot and in 1 week there has already been relief from the pain. I never knew 5 weeks of misdiagnosed treatment from Dr. Hutcheson cost so much physically and literally. Over $300 in charges for a doctor's lack of knowledge is quite pricey these days.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

While Dr. Hutcheson is a polite person, I have been left in considerable pain for extended periods. He has personally admitted to my wife & I that he is NOT well versed in pain management. This leads to the major problem, which is in achieving relief. Dr. Hutcheson constantly puts things off (ie - lets wait until next month). He will even say 'yes, we need to increase your medicine', and then tell you to wait a month because he sent his nurse practitioner to another office. This is no way to live and, if you are in need of pain management, do NOT entrust Dr. Hutcheson with your care. In all, I've had 4 pharmacists, a physical therapist, an orthopedic surgeon, and even a pain counselor advise that I leave his care. Please, do not risk months of suffering at his (lack of) expertise.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Dr. Rickey L. Hutcheson's Credentials

• West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1991)