Ratings for Dr. Horace L. Mitchell

Unprofessional - had surgery and was worst after than before. Worst experience ever.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I am extremely pleased with the treatment and the results of my treatment. I was more than just a patient to Dr Mitchell. He had my well being at heart. I felt that he could not have treated better if I hand been his mother. I have great respect his expertise and his competency.

Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Horace Mitchell is a very good at what he does. He saved my daughter life so with that been said, he's the best hands down....

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I went to Dr Mitchell, because everyone around BR said he was good. He may be, but not for me. His nursing staff is terrible, they put other patients records in my file, Mitchell has to ask me what type of accident I had, because my file was incorrect. After a botched surgery, he actual told my wife and I that if he had seen the current MRI, that he would of done surgery different. At this time it was too late, my back was screwed, and he said he did not know why, needed a fresh pair of eyes to look at. Sent me to Dr Isaza. Isaza, immediately said I had wrong surgery, and Dr did not look at MRI at all before hand. Question, How can your Surgeon, not look at the correct MRI?? Too late for me, but I suggest you find a different Dr.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

Dr. Mitchell is very unprofessional. When I had an MRI done that showed a brain tumor, he shouted it across the office before entering the treatment room. So as I waited for the doctor to return and tell me the results I hear this man at the door shouting, "she has a huge brain tumor". Then he walks into the room. It was all down hill from there. I do not recommend Dr. Mitchell.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Mitchell is the best and most knowledgable neurosurgen I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I had major back surgery on 11/11/2010. Before the surgery I was loosing feeling in my leg and suffered from major back and leg pain. Since the surgery I have slowly improved, but this was all explained to me at great lenght, that it would be a slow process. Dr.Mitchell and his PA, Mark Loupe have shown nothing but compassion and understanding and always a willingness to listen and help resolve all problems that arrise. Even though his clinics are sometimes reschedule on short notice, he is most definitly worth the wait!!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

He was easy to talk to but he is very forgetful. Had back surgery but pain was worse after surgery. Was suppose to stay in hospital only 2 or 3 days. Went in on a Friday and after surger contacted some type of infection in urinary tract. Dr Mitchel was out of town and was treated by his PA? Not a good experience.....very bad. Stayed in hospital for 5 days. I told Dr. Mitchel that if felt like my spine was now crooked. He took X-Rays and said I need another surgery for stenous of the spine? That did not correct the problem. Finally after a year had passed he admited that my spine did look crooked...too late for any suit. Still in pain on my last visit and I found out that he discharged me only when checking out with the receptionist. His staff is very incompentent also.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Seems to always be bouncing in the room jolly thru the doors when he visits. Generally, he has an answer,but if he doesn't, he's honest enough to tell u the truth. If he doesn't know an answer, he'll talk to other doctors and try to get the answers from them. He can, at times, forget to write down more than one referal visits to another doctor if you are a worker's comp cases. I assume he doesn't have many OWCP cases and he'll say,"I keep forgetting this is not a private insurance visit." Other than that, he's ok and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2007

The best neurosurgeon I have ever been to. Very understanding of pain and very thorough in doing what he can to fix it.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007

VERY GOOD NEUROLOGIST. I HAD SEEN OTHERS BUT HE IS THE ONE THAT TOOK CARE OF MY BACK

flag | Submitted November 8, 2006

Dr. Horace L. Mitchell's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Baton Rouge, LA