Ratings for Dr. James I. Lewis

Arrived at 2:40 for a 2:45 appointment. Was the only one in the waiting room when I arrived. The staff (and both Doctors) all proceeded to take 2 walk-ins and 7 other appointments before, after an hour of waiting while everyone else goes ahead I finally walked out. When I mentioned the wait and how everyone went in front of me to the receptionist she didn't even apologize and just said that I could reschedule. Will never use them again and I definitely do not recommend their clinic.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I had a sample taken by an unprofessional Doctor of what appeared to me something on my toenail. The place was GROSS! Anyways, they lost my sample and never told me about it. I was waiting for results for 2 months! When I went in and confronted them they told me to make another appointment and they would not lose it this time. I obviously refused. When I asked for my copay back since I was going to another Doctor, they said nope! Sorry! The HIPPA violations in this place are astronomical, the Doctor is incompetent, and the staff very unhelpful. I know he works in Charles Town and you have limited options but please take my advice, drive somewhere else.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Heel pain for years. After an exam and films Dr. Lewis diagnosed the problem as plantar fascitis. An injection and orthotics have completely resolved the heel pain!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

HORRIBLE!!!!! for starters the office is DIRTY! the instruments were not cleaned properly and i was afraid to let them use them on me. the staff was rude and thought their time was better spent gossiping and texting as oppose to caring for the patients. the dr was rude and broke several hippa laws while i was there. the front office also said private info such as my ssn over the phone for the whole waiting room to hear! very unprofessional! i will never return!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Made an appointment with Dr Lewis thinking I had a broken foot from a softball game. Dr. Lewis diagnosed gout instead. He thoroughly explained my condition and what caused gout and what to do to prevent further attacks. He took the time to explain my insurance coverages as well which a doctor has never done before. After having acute pain and not being able to walk on Monday; I was back playing softball by the end of the week. I would highly recommend Dr Lewis and staff.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

Dr was very rude to his staff and I overheard private details about his company being discussed.If a doctor treats his staff that way I will never go back.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

dr was very unhelpful. repeated himself a lot and was very shaky. i did not trust him working on my feet. he also treated his staff very poorly. i would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Dr. James I. Lewis's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal