Ratings for Dr. Jamie T. Hixon-Griffin

Excellent doctor and friendly staff. I enjoyed my experience in the office

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I am a first time mom and my baby was born 8lbs and 8oz she only lost 3 ounces when she left the hospital and was up and down balancing between 8.2 and 8.5 two weeks later. Mrs. Griffin had me bring my baby to the doctor every three days to check her weight around two weeks old. Which tired and stressed me out! I also had to pay extra copays because of this and was force feeding my baby till she was throwing up. I also asked Mrs. Griffin why was my baby lips looking blistered and she said it was from dehydration because my baby wasn't getting enough milk and I wasn't producing enough. I found out this was a lie and that all breastfed babies lips get like this from sucking which is normal. She never asked me to pump to see how much milk I would get or to breast feed and then offer a bottle to see if my baby would take it. If I didn't use my head, I would have listened to her and stopped breast feeding and that would have broken my heart. Instead, I changed doctors, postponed her appt to her 1 month appt, and I was pumping five to six bottles a day for a woman that had no breast milk. My baby had gained two pounds next time she was weighed, from breast milk! When I told people in my family this story they shook their heads saying that my baby hardly even lost weight and that most babies lose pounds. If you are a first time mom that wants to breast feed, stay away from this doctor. She's not supportive and doesn't seem to know all her stuff.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Incompetent staff and not very helpful doctor. She just gets you in and out of there as fast as possible. Ugh

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011