Ratings for Dr. Xiu Qing Ru

I am a lower white blood cell patient and have been a patient of Dr. Jenny Ru for several years. Usually her office puts everything on the patient Portal and won’t help the patient print out the prescription/test report and wants to train the patient to use the computer no matter they can or not or charge extra $1.00/paper fee, even though I have Blue Cross/Shield PPO and pay $40 co-pay. Recently, Dr. Ru’s Portal did not update a lab test order and caused the test results not for this visit checking on 9/28/17 Thursday, then blamed it on my husband’s computer skills. Thus Dr. Ru reordered a blood test and to go to next door Torrance Memorial Hospital (TMHL) lab, she promised TMHL is faster and she will contact me with the results that night or no later than the next morning Friday—but nothing at all. I have called and left voice mails 9/29&10/2 at her office and sent several emails through the Portal—totally no response. Then emails were put on to two other people without any explanation—it seems she cut me off. I am a blood patient and my body cannot produce blood regularly so every 3-6 months I need a blood test. It is routine work, the lab test had not been updated and wasted my blood and the lab test charge. Can’t I be concerned about these issues? Why Dr. Ru kicked me out as a penalty? I think the way I have been treated was unethical. Can’t I complain about her callousness, wasting my blood, and without my agreement kick me to another Doctor even I don’t know who he/she is?

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017