Ratings for Dr. Stephen E. Goldstone

Disgusting human being. His office is a mess, papers everywhere, he's pushy. I got a second opinion and then other opinions and found out that he is not a colonalrectal surgeon and is incompetent in surgery. His reputation In the ny medical community is very poor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Get a second opinion and seek treatment from ANOTHER doctor. Check ny ecourts to see that he's been sued. Ask other doctors about his reputation. He's a mentally sick man who has a medical Licence . AVOID THIS DOCTOR

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Very pushy and extremely incompetent staff; to say the least ! Dr. Goldstone himself is okay - average - one thing I will say that I do NOT like is his bedside manner and very invasive manner of sticking his nose into ALL of your medical history and trying to micro manage your health through other physicians. That to me is VERY unethical and I would not recommend this doctor to someone; get a second opinion ! PS: The office conditions are VERY unsanitary and need a health inspector in there !

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

This doctor Mislead me into surgery and the dropped me as a patient because he decided not to accept my insurance. He has a terrible bedside manner, is motivated by money and forcing patients to have surgery, and is is dishonest. Please GET A SECOND OPINION AFTER SEEING STEPHEN GOLDSTONE, or like me, regret it ever since.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr Goldstone is awesome, however, his billing staff (Scott) is not the greatest nor does he know how to interact with the public. Not sure how he holds that position as his attitude sucks.. sucks bad enough to make someone not even want to return to this practice. its a shame because the doctor is amazing at what he does. Scott's attitude and tone is just absolutely disgusting and unnecessary

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I have been to 4 Colon Rectal Specialists / Surgeons in the NYC area the last year and half. Each was reportedly the 'Best' in Anal Cancer by very reputable physicians. Not one of the 4 knew Anal Cancer; they knew Colon and/or Rectal. In Dr. Goldstone I found a doctor who could address Anal Cancer with knowledge, documented experience and detail as I was getting from top Internet sources in Europe /Australia /San Fran. He is THE cutting edge of east ooast Anal Cancer doctors. His staff compliments the Dr. w/ their knowledge. I have'NT been in medical systems my whole life but did know I had serious allergies to food additives / dyes / preservatives and never took OTC drugs after a severe reaction to pencillin. Dr's anesthetetist gave me my first non-reactive anesthetic [dental & medical] ever; and I'm 66yrs. I've had access to the best; but, Dr. Goldston IS THE BEST. I took time and effort to find him.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

Well this practice could have the best doctir with all the professional credentials but he got the wrong staff working for him. They are rude and disrespectful. Specially the fat guy Scott and the black lady seating at the front desk. They are a joke. In my first visit i had to basically called my insurance after Scott one of the front desk staff asked me to pay out of network when my insurance covers the visits. Not only he does not his job he had to repeat the black lady my co pay amount like 4 times. Here i am for my follow up appoinment nOt only they are on lunch but i found the same whale facing back and front desk empty. I walked and no one ask me if i need it help. When finally approached him after seen him eating like 3 apples, he told me to have a sit because they are on lunch. Wow I understand people has to take lunch but what happen with the professionalism. Another thing the procedure was a painful since the doctors forgot to mentioned what he was gonna do.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I have never met a more unprofessional staff. Particularly the two who work the front desk. No only did the male break my patient confidentiality by virtually announcing to the room the procedure I was being scheduled for, the black woman rolled her eyes at me when I walked in to find out when the PA was going to finally call in a script for me after calling her virtaully in tears from the pain I experienced from the procedure I had done (I was told to wait an hour which turned into three). If you're looking for compassionate, confidential, and prompt care seek elsewhere or return when Dr. Goldstone hires a new staff!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

this place is horrible. stay away. they are unproffessional and all about having you spend your money- they are not clear or thorough in their prognosis and highly unproffessional. the staff is mean and petty and ridiculously unable and unwilling to handle what should be everyday dealings with patients. no bedside manner here...run the other way!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

where to begin? this man is a pro, both as a clinician but also as a compassionate, caring human being. his bedside manner is irreverent, playful, but always confident and caring. the staff here is also top notch. i consider this the best run office and best doctor in new york. i mean it.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

Dr. Stephen E. Goldstone's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1979)