Dr. Matthew L. Hansen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Matthew L. Hansen

Grade 3 shoulder separation - EXCELLENT outcome! Dr. Hansen and his PA Geoff Streeter were both fantastic! Very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. He's straightforward - not a chatterbox - so come prepared to ask instead of just listen. I went and visited with another surgeon and chose Dr. Hansen (both were friend referrals). After 8 months my scar is barely visible, shoulder has full range of motion with no pain, and I'm lifting weights again (been slowly progressing with weight as instructed). Rarely had to wait long in the waiting room, but had some long waits after being taken back... Met another guy with Class 3 separation (not repaired) and he could immediately tell mine was fixed. Made me extra glad I got it done. Looking forward to full strength weights!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Hansen has performed two surgeries for my son and we have been very happy with him and his P.A. Geoff Streeter. Very professional.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Doctor Hansen went out of his way to help our son with a broken elbow. His surgical skills are outstanding as this turned out to be a challenging surgery. His assistant and the office personnel were also wonderful to work with. We have recommended this orthopedic group to other people enthusiastically.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Over the past 3 years, Dr. Hansen operated on both of my shoulders due to rotator cuff problems. I was informed by another surgeon before the first surgery that he didn't think he could help me since the shoulder was in so bad shape. I then went to Dr. Hansen. After reviewing the situation, he said he felt he could help me. He did a great job and now both of my shoulders work great.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Don't mess around with anyone else, go to Dr. M. L. Hansen

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I was very pleased with my recent surgery and rehab. Dr. Hansen and his staff very extremely nice and very considerate of my needs.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr. Hansen did shoulder replacements on both of my shoulders, the first one was a reverse shoulder repalcement and the second was a regular shoulder replacement with a rotator cuff repair as well. He did a fantastic job. I have full use of both arms and shoulders and have no pain whatsoever. I really appreciate his follow up after the surgeries as well. I have recommended him to several people who have shoulder issues. In fact, my sister is under his care at the present time. He takes his time to explain what is happening, what he can do to fix it and how to take care of the particular repair that he has made. He is very caring towards his patients. I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr. Hansen is the best! I've suffered with pain in my right groin for 15 years. I've been to countless other doctors, physical therapists, you name it. He was able to figure it out immediately!! I had 2 surgeries on my right hip for FAI. Dr. Hansen has a great personality and listened to all of my concerns, and explained everything in detail. I'm pain free today and very grateful!! His staff is the best, too. They went above and beyond to help me out with insurance, paperwork and other needs. They're all super friendly.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

I have had both my shoulders replaced by Dr. Hansen. The first one was done in July 2015. Have had excellent results from the Reverse Shoulder Replacement. January 2016 I had my Total Shoulder Replacement with repair of my rotator cuff! This was also a success! Dr. Hansen is very kind and has excellent bed side manner! His staff is great and friendly. His office runs like a well oiled machine. I highly recommend Dr. Hansen to anyone that has shoulder issues!! Thanks for giving me my life back with two new shoulders!!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr Matt Hansen repaired my torn rotator cuff last year and i am just about back to my self again living an active life. He warned me recovery would be long and painful, he wasn't kidding. He and mezona made it as easy as possible though, and i am grateful I chose to see him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Matthew L. Hansen's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)