Ratings for Dr. John R. Backman

I have no health insurance and I didn't realize I was racking up a huge bill for test I really didn't need. Staff let me down and I had to take out a second mortgage and I still have heart issues.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Dr. Backman is an excellent cardiologiat and is known as the "Marathon Doc" as he is a marathon runner. His bedside manner is unique in that he pushes cardio fitness and if you are not "with the program" and willing to undertake lifestyle changes to stay fit and healthy, you might not care for him. Some people want their healthcare sugar coated; that doesn't happen with John Backman, he tells it like it is, and I really appreciate his direct approach. I'm here almost four years after my cardiac event and follow-up with him on an as-needed basis now. As for the previous comment on his office being disorganized, they have moved to a new office next to the hospital with more room and better staffing. I agree the old office was problematic but no more. The new one is excellent in every way in my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2009

Dr. Backman is very thorough and is focused on helping his patients improve their cardiac health. He is willing to spend time with his patients to thoroughly answer their questions.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

In my opinion, Dr. Backman's OK, but his office staff is overwhelmed. You may also find that his patient load causes him to lose touch with you personally.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2006

Dr. John R. Backman's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encinitas, CA