Ratings for Dr. Anne F. Malave

Very helpful for fertility counseling. Knows her stuff. Very structured, so be prepared for that.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

I suppose a certain amount of indifference is required when acting in the role of a therapist, but I found Dr. Malave to be nothing short of cold, separated and quite frankly judgmental. Her office, though comfortable, also housed the scheduling phone which was prone to ring in the middle of sessions. Her care, though calculated, was impersonal and frigid. She would continuously and callously glance at the clock during sessions, sessions that she would end curtly and abruptly. She seems concerned only with her payment, and could not be bothered in her clients. I am not usually the type of person to leave a pointed review online, but I can say without a doubt that Dr. Malave could be perhaps the most ineffective therapist I have ever seen. The only recommendation that I can offer her is that she retires. God knows she wouldn't likely be missed.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I went to see Dr. Malave for infertility issues. She would ask for copay of $15.00 as soon as I sat down. She constantly looked at the clock and always ended sessions abruptly. I still continued meeting with her because she was helpful the first month. But then I felt very pressured to make decisions. I really think that she was hoping that I chose adoption so she could make more money. She reminded me several times that had a lot of knowledge and experience in the adoption world. This includes conducting home studies. Some of her comments were off the mark, hurtful and unprofessional. After seeing her for a couple of months, I decided to terminate. I notified her via email because I could not bear the thought of having to meet with her again. She responded by saying that she understood and wished me the best. A week later, She sent me a letter saying, "I am writing to confirm that you have ended your once weekly individual psychotherapy treatment with me in a email message. This means you are no longer under my professional care or in my private practice at this time." I find this to be very passive aggressive and unprofessional. I would not recommend her. I should have done more research!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Dr Malave was helpful during my struggle with infertility. She had a lot of recommendations, but did seem rather distant. She also seemed a little rushed sometimes, but definitely got her point across within our time frame.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I went to see Dr. Malave for fertility issues and found her surprisingly cold and unhelpful. Some of the comments she made were hurtful and unprofessional. After seeing her for a number of months and not being sure about continuing, I left a voicemail saying I wasn't going to return. She never called me back, only sent me a cold letter saying, "I am writing to confirm that you have ended your once weekly individual psychotherapy treatment with me on a voicemail message today. This means you are no longer under my professional care or in my private practice at this time." Yikes. Can you imagine a colder response? I've worked with various practitioners over the years and have never had anyone be so cold. Seek treatment elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

She helped through my infertility process and then helped me as I got ready for motherhood. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

She was very professional and challenging. Good for those who are brave

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

She was very unprofessional and cause more damage than she did in helping me.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010