Ratings for Dr. Ikechi C. Nnawuchi

He's knowledgeable and a good hospitalist. It looks like DC Medical Boards issued a sanction earlier this year for a complaint received in 2010.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

This doc is worth the wait. He is very knowledgeable, supportive, empathetic, caring, and has a sense of humor. He goes the extra mile for his patients, genuinely cares and you feel it, and wants his patients to succeed.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

I had my first appointment with Dr. Nnawuchi yesterday despite seeing the other reviews here. I was referred by a current patient of his who clearly has had a significantly different experience than the other reviewers. I was quite skeptical based on what I read, but went anyway as I could get in to see him quickly. I found that he and his staff (I'm pretty sure I spoke to Jackie too) were very responsive. I spoke to the doctor on the phone initially and then again to his staff. Shortly after the second phone conversation, I received an email with all of the forms I needed to complete before coming in and confirmation of my appointment day and time. The next day, I came to the office to see the doctor, he was in the lobby waiting to bring me back to his office. He took my forms, went through them with me and then proceeded with the session. Maybe my expectations were low based on the prior reviews, but all worked out well for me. I'll report back if anything changes going forward.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Always late for appointments. Would sometimes even miss appointments and claim they weren't on his schedule. Has great psychopharmacology knowledge but makes inaccurate judgements of patients when his office should be a safe place to discuss things and not be judged. If you need someone for medication management a few times a year, Ike Nnawuchi is a decent physician to see. If you need someone more often, find a different physician.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

He and his staff wasted my time. He was late to EVERY appt we had. His staff or himself too DAYS to return multiple emails and phone messages when I was having a panic attack and was l need of medication. Jackie in his office is HORRIBLE at communicating, she takes days to respond to emails, has no follow though, doesn't to make you aware of things, send recipets, and her responding within 24hrs. it total BS. He has potentinal to be a great doctor, I can tell he is smart and caring but he is needs to manage his time and practice better. I will be seeking care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011