Ratings for Dr. Babak Larian

I was initially impressed by Dr. Larian, but now I'm sorry I had surgery with him. I had terrible side effects from drugs during anesthesia in the past, and I pleaded with his office over and over to give me a list of the drugs I would be given so I could find out in advance if they could cause the same side effects. But they wouldn't, even though it would be very easy for them to do so, since Dr. Larian owns the surgery center. They just told me to ask the anesthesiologist before the surgery. I told them I was afraid to leave this for the last minute, but they still wouldn't give me the information. So I asked the anesthesiologist before surgery, and he told me he never heard of his drugs causing that side effect. But sure enough, when I got home I looked up the drug and it was a common side effect, the same as happened to me before. Now I am suffering horribly every day, and I don't know if it will ever get better. I sent Dr. Larian an email about it, and he ignored it. Then the next time I spoke with him, I broke down in tears over what this was doing to me, and was he sympathetic, or God forbid, apologetic? No, instead he went on the attack, trying to portray me as a difficult person. This was done purely in an attempt to obscure the fact that he and his anesthesiologist screwed up and caused me harm. What a disgraceful man. And this isn't the first time he has harmed a patient. If you look on the CA medical board website, you will see that he settled a malpractice case in arbitration for $250,000. That amount is the MAXIMUM you can get in CA for pain and suffering in medical malpractice cases, even in catastrophic injuries if someone is left brain damaged or a quadriplegic. So for him to settle for the maximum, it had to be something really, really bad. And he did it in arbitration where there is no public record, so no one can find out exactly what he did. I wish I had seen this before my surgery. If I had, I would have gone to Dr. Norman in Florida, and I probably would be much better off now. My suffering didn't have to happen - it was laziness, lack of caring and incompetence that caused this. And after spending $8,000 for this surgery, you would think they could make a phone call or two on my behalf, but I guess that was too much trouble.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Larian performed a parathyroidectomy with all four of my parathyroids being diseased (hyperplasia) and my kidneys failing. The surgery was like a miracle and the pains in my joints went away immediately.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr Larian performed a rhinoplasty on me. I have always been insecure about my age and felt it was finally time to do something about it. A friend recommended I got to Dr Larian, and I am so glad he did. Dr. Larian has been absolutely amazing. Together we figured out what I wanted my nose to look like and he walked me through the whole procedure. I highly recommend Dr Larian to anyone in LA (or anyone who can come to Beverly Hills) for their rhinoplasty surgery!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011