Ratings for Dr. Renee V. Galliher

I would strongly advise anyone from using this practitioner for an adolescent. Although she is relatively young, Dr. Galliher works from an old model of adolescent therapy - one where autonomy for the adolescent is most important - it even comes before their health or safety. Newer neurological studies don't seem to have influenced her practice. She does not, in any way make an attempt to work as part of team in helping or caring for her client - in fact she does exactly the opposite and in some ways works against parents. My child is bipolar - a condition that was very clear and is very clear. Galliher not only misdiagnosed my child - she ridiculed me for my questions regarding her diagnosis. Had she been cared for at an earlier stage and had Dr Galliher worked with us instead of against us, we all could have been spared enormous pain. I would not recommend this therapist to anyone, particularly anyone with children or adolescents.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013