Ratings for Dr. Kenneth S. Hepps

Despite being warned that I am resistant to sedation, I was awake and crying throughout my entire colonoscopy. When I asked what happened, he got defensive and nasty. This guy is a total loser and should be avoided at all costs!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Just like the other reviewer I never heard from Dr. Hepps about my results from my colonoscopy and upper GI. They never sent me a bill, saying that they call instead!! Then when my insurance company said I do not owe him anything and did not pay what they were saying I owed, he told his staff he would not see me again or talk to me again without my paying first!! The worst part of this is that I was never told the results of my procedures and after going to another GI doctor found out that Dr. Hepps was not telling me that I might have Crohns disease!! Unbelievable that he is allowed to practice medicine. I plan on notifying the California Medical board about him.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I had to drag my mom to Dr. Hepps' office under false pretenses, as she had not been to a doctor in 30 years. Dr. Hepps really took his time with her and miraculously convinced her to undergo a colonoscopy. Dr. Hepps found a tumor that he believed was malignant, without waiting for a pathology report to confirm his findings, he acted immediately to arrange scans, pre-op tests and a meeting with a surgeon who resected the tumor and saved my mom's life. The pathology reports came back, confirming everything Dr. Hepps said was true. Everyday that we were in the hospital, Dr. Hepps, visited my mom, acting not only as a doctor, but as a life coach with words of encouragement. Having lost my sister a year ago to ovarian cancer, Dr. Hepps showed great compassion in helping all of us through this journey. We are scheduled for a follow-up colonoscopy. This time my mom is a willing patient, understanding the value of a colonoscopy and the extraordinary value of having a doctor she can trust.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Hepps in 2008 for a Colonoscopy due to increased CEA levels. He performed the procedure, removed a polyp and recommended another Colonoscopy in 3 years (2011). I never heard anything from him after that regarding the polyp, etc. After the procedure, my CEA levels decreased. This year, 2009, my CEA levels elevated higher than in 2008 and my doctor referred me for another Colonoscopy. This was based on the increased CEA levels, a history of colon cancer in the family (my father had 1/2 his colon removed last year), and the fact that the polyp which was removed in 2008 was "abnormal". This was the firs I heard about the "abnormal" polyp. Due to the circumstances, the insurance approved the procedure; however, Dr. Hepps refused to perform it since his file on me said I wasn't due again until 2011. He didn't bother to look at the reason for the referral. When I asked if they looked at the paperwork I submitted, I was told "no". I would never trust him.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Kenneth S. Hepps's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)