Ratings for Dr. Owen Lugar

I met with Owen Lugar, many years ago, to learn ways of dealing with my low feelings of self-esteem. It was one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made. My self-worth was at an all time low after working with him for a long time. Week after week, he criticized me, belittled me, and hurt my feelings. He had no interest in building up a rapport with me. Even at a session, right after my grandmother's death, he quickly said he was sorry about her death,.. and then proceeded to put me down, as usual. One day, when I told him about my dad molesting me, he said he didn't believe me. I'm in therapy, now, with an excellent therapist, and we've spent hours discussing the horrendous experience I had with Owen. I'm gradually getting over my experience, but it's been difficult. Talking to others, who dislike him, has helped me heal. Apparently, a number of former patients and colleagues, dislike him very much. I hope my comments will save someone from the agony that I went through. I will still never know the reason why I stayed with him. I believe, I felt so inferior, that I deserved the treatment he gave me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014