Ratings for Dr. Denise Furlong

Horrible experience. 1 1/2 hour wait. Very rushed. Multiple tests done. She once came in and asked what I was there for. Performed a procedure on me she knew should be done as a outpatient. Office workers are also horrible. Didn’t have a clue what they were doing. Eating and talking in plain view of patients. Office called a month later from my last visit to schedule outpatient procedure. I went to my gynecologist. She performed the procedure. I would NEVER recommend this Dr. she’s in it for the money.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr. Furlong was rude, condescending, and full of herself. I would never return to her again in a million years. There are plenty of other wonderful doctors out there. Dr. Furlong is not one of them.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Not returning. Terrible experience. This woman is unprofessional and I feel like I wasted my time and money.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

It is always a very long wait time no matter what. Office staff have not taken messages correctly nor left messages correctly. The first time the Doctor saw me she said surgery without doing tests. Then she did tests but my problem is still not solved. She wants to undo a surgery from 8 years ago. Then a few months later redo the surgery again. It seems she is looking for a money maker..

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Very unprofessional she was discussing her staffing issues along with her personal issues during my appointment...won’t be back

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Shocking experience. I, like someone else here, had an hour long wait sitting on an examination table with a gown on. After a while of sitting there, I propped my feet up by my toes on her wheel stool to ease the uncomfortableness of that position. When she came in the room with a student, she screamed at me, "Get your feet off my chair." The student looked uncomfortable and I was dazed. She did not address my issue. I was there to get a second opinion about a very serious diagnosis and she referred to the other doctor as her colleague and said she was sure she was right ( as it turns out, it was an incorrect diagnosis). She then laid me back and had me open up my legs and with a pointed wooden stick touched and pointed out all the parts of female anatomy to the student. She then told me to get dressed and I was done. She left the room and the student, who probably learned a different lesson, looked like she was going to cry and softly whispered good bye to me. I got dressed and left. And to make matters worse, I later found out that a member of her staff told someone I knew about the appointment and what went on! Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr.Denise furlong is always friendly and understanding. She is excellent doctor. She is very thorough and professional. She really cares about her patients. I can't say enough about her, so glad I found her! Front desk employees are always nice and helpful!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Dr Furlong truly cares for her patients. She's the best doctor I've been to. The wait time is a little long at times, but its worth it.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Yes, Dr. Furlong’s wait times might get long from time to time, but waiting for the BEST is well worth it! Referred to by my GYN at the time, I began seeing Dr. Furlong 2 years ago for female incontinence. I was 48 and embarrassed about the trouble I was having. She and her staff made me feel immediately at ease. She was thorough, kind and compassionate during each visit to evaluate my condition. After giving her professional opinion and advising a sling surgery to correct the problem, she supported me in my decision to forgo surgery and try pelvic floor exercises. 2 years later I was back. With a smile and that same reassurance, Dr. Furlong led me through another thorough evaluation. At this time it was discovered that I had developed large uterine fibroids and a cyst on my ovary. Scared and uncertain about what to do, she was patient and made herself available to answer my many questions. I am now 2 weeks post-op of a laparoscopic hysterectomy/sling procedure and feel better than I have felt in a long time! I would recommend Dr. Furlong for anyone struggling with ‘lady’ issues. She offers skilled, professional, compassionate care - certainly one of the best!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

During visit one she seemed like a great doctor, but it was the second visit when I had to follow up with her to find out her true colors. I understand that the wait times can be long but it is common courtesy to apologize and have your staff let the pts know that there's a delay due to unforeseen circumstances... well that did not happen. Her staff was playing on cell phones and eating. Then I became frustrated that the dr was seeing LATE pts before me. Being an hour late is unacceptable and if the dr wanted to see that pt that day, that pt should have waited until the others who were on time were seen. When I brought this to the attention of the staff the dr flew out of one of the rooms and was very rude! She started raising her tone and her attitude was very disrespectful. Do not waste your time with her!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Denise Furlong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Denise Furlong, MD is committed to offering patient-centered care for women from puberty through menopause, providing each patient with the information and guidance they need about their health at every stage of life so they can feel confident in their care. The office is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders on site, helping to ensure patients receive the most appropriate care as quickly as possible. After earning her bachelor's degree at the University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, Dr. Furlong completed her medical degree, internship, and residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, followed by a fellowship at Illinois Urogynecology, Ltd. Today, she is one of only a handful of surgeons to have achieved board certification in both obstetrics-gynecology and female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. Denise Furlong, MD welcomes the opportunity to work with new patients, and the practice accepts most major medical insurance plans. Both English and Spanish are spoken at her practice. When she isn't caring for patients, Denise Furlong, MD enjoys spending time with her husband, three children, and two border collies at their home in Old Town.

Coventry Healthcare