Ratings for Dr. Ryan J. Grabow

Outstanding hand surgeon. Highly skilled and genuinely dedicated to his patients. Dr Grabow, is also one of the rare US hand doctors trained in the Dupuytren’s contracture needle “aponeurotomy”. This minimally invasive procedure commonly used in Western Europe is a remarkably effective alternative to the open-hand surgery to release fingers contracture. It is virtually painless, with very short recovery time and, should we note, much less costly.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

In 2014 I saw Grabow for shoulder pain in both shoulders with a history of degenerative joint disease. Shoulders were MRI'd. Grabow said my right shoulder was the worst(I am right handed). Said he could fix them orthoscopically. Not long after, I lost the ability to raise my left arm above shoulder level without extreme pain & difficulty. I arranged surgery for left shoulder after the first of 2015 for max out of pocket economics. Grabow said it would be outpatient surgery with 3 small incisions, 2 1/2 hrs. 3-4 months off work. It turned into 8 small incisions, a 1 1/2" incision, 5 1/2 hrs keeping surgery center there til 10:30 pm. Rushed me through anesthesia recovery process. Off work for 6 mos., 6 mos of expensive PT still couldn't raise arm above shoulder. Grabow said I went to wrong PT (in my network) wanted me to do 6 mos more PT at his place (out of network) $120/wk. said I couldn't afford that. By Dec. 2015 extreme pain, unable to function at employment. Grabow sent me for an Arthrogram MRI. I got disc and report as did Grabow. My nurse wife read report and told me never go back to Grabow. The new report says my shoulder is far worse than it was before Grabow surgery! Grabow never called me back after receiving Arthrogram report. In the beginning my nurse wife said Grabow should fix shoulder for free til she saw the report then never again! Tried to see other ortho's. No one wants to see you for some other doctors screw ups!! Finally found another good sounding ortho. Now rotator cuff gone, muscles Grabow reattached are not attached anymore. New doctor will replace shoulder joint in reverse configuration. Grabow is cattle chute medicine. Doesn't shut up long enough to listen to patient. Thinks he's a God and we can stop our lives to do what he wants us to do regardless of funds! Everything is rush, rush, rush! My new doctors scheduler was Grabow's scheduler at time of my surgery. She says Grabow lost almost all his office staff due to his god-likeness !!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Went to see him for finger injury....1st time waited 1/12 finally saw him he wouldn't shut up He does not let you say anything .. It's like you don't exist ...he gave me a prescription of steroids called a five pack ... Total time in there 4 maybe 5 minutes... Tells me to go to therapy ..... Went to therapy ...waste of time ( 3 times). Made appt again with him , because I just didn't have the answers I wanted ... I t was difficult to bend my fingers ... The medicine he gave me did NOTHING !!! Went back waited 0ne hour , he came in again wouldn't shut up .. Took me to next room put my hand on a X-ray machine and told me it would take time for it to heal ., still wouldn't shut up so I could ask questions... Then opens door as he's talking to me , tells me to follow him .. Walks me to the door and walks away . Total time with this arrogant jack off is probably 7 minutes ... That was the rudest thing I have ever experienced at a Drs office ... Even the girls at the front desk said he does it all the time ... I am going to go to another dr. .... Because I don't trust him ... He does not give a sh@t about his patients ... Take my warning ... Do research on this guy before you see him . And if you do ... Make him answer all your questions ..... Tell him to sit down and shut up !!!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

The fact that a patient has to wait for Dr. Grabow is actually a compliment. He NEVER rushes you and takes as much time as is necessary. Every question is answered in detail ( in layman's terms if required). When you leave the office, you have a feeling of having just been treated by a physician who is dedicated to healing.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr. Grabow is the best! He always finds time to explain things to a patient. Caring, professional and extremely knowledgeable. He will be doing my 2nd surgery sooon. If you want the best, then make an appointment with him.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Staff was extremely unfriendly. Anytime I called I could expect at least a 10 minute hold time and then probably be disconnected. Doctor was knowledgeable but only gave me about five minutes of his precious time.. I also needed a brace which they had claimed they would have the next day but didn't show up for weeks later. I would definitely not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

One of the best orthopedic surgeons in Nevada, I use him for workers' comepnsation and he is fantastic!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

STAFF VERY PROFESSIONAL,DR. TAKES TIME TO TALK AND EXPLAIN EVERYTHING THAT WILL BE DONE. WHAT OPTIONS THAT CAN BE DONE, DOES NOT FEEL LIKE YOU WILL BE PUSHED INTO SURGERY FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING MONEY. HUSBAND HAD 2 HAND SURGERIES, ALL WENT WELL, THE PAPERWORK WENT SMOOTH. DR. ACTUALLY SPEAKS WITH YOU BEFORE AND AFTER SURGERY. ST. ROSE HOSPITAL, THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE AND WITH THE DR. ARE SO NICE AND PROFESSIONAL. EVERYONE IN HIS OFICE MAKES YOU FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE. NOT LIKE MOST DR'S WHO SEEM TO WALKING OUT THE DOOR AS THEY SPEAK TO YOU. I HIGHLY RECOMEND DR. GRABOW. MANY THANKS TO JASON, ROSA, NINA ETC. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

Dr. Ryan J. Grabow's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 2000)