Dr. Karla M. Ledoux-Coton

Ratings for Dr. Karla M. Ledoux-Coton

I went to Dr. Ledoux with symptoms that I suspected were from MS. She spent well over an hour with me, listening and doing tests. She even knew which way I would fall and went to my left side to catch me when I closed my eyes and fell to the left. She even brought her dog for me to pet and hold while she did the exams to ease my nervousness. I have no insurance, so she made the bill less and told me the name of one of her friends who could work with me for all the tests she had ordered. I am kind of shocked from all the bad reviews, because I had a very pleasant experience with her, and have much respect and admiration for a professional ballerina who devotes her life to those who are less fortunate like I am - and cannot even walk.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Her staff were also helpful. Was sad when I moved and had to leave her.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Very arrogant and disrespectful to me and my mother. Along the lines of what I saw others say with asking why are you here SEVERAL TIMES. Was even rude to my mom and she didn't even say anything and was just there for my ride and support! Unwilling to help of course I am there for a reason. I called the Insurance company and told them not to pay her bill she was so bad! After all her horrible bed side manner was no result just told to go to a specialist! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE. I'M going back to the one I got my end from they were nicer and more helpful even though I was referred for only the test by my neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

I went to her feeling extreme depresion and shocks due to my M.S. she did not care to ask me any questions and even though I had an MRI last year she ordered another one. I miss the quality care I had before I got medicare. She is the worst Neurologist I ever have had the misfortune to go to. She acted like she was waisting her time to treat me. She didnt diesplay any experience with my symptoms, kept asking me why are you here, in a very arrogant way. She was uncertious, as if she was never trained to treat patients. I will never recommend her to any other M.S. patients make every one aware of how she made me feel. I needed to call the M.S. Society after dealing with her. I had to call a bio chemist engineer friend to discuss what it might be what he thougt might help, I just paid Ledoux money to do nothing, and my friend helped where she did not.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I went with nerve pain in the head from the neck. The staff and Dr. Ledoux were very prompt and courteous. No problems there. Only problem is that I don't think Dr. Ledoux could accurately diagnose my problem. She in fact asked me, "Why are you here?" after listening to my problem. I am not offended, but I found through my next neurologist that I had a pretty common problem for people of my age group (face joint inflammation). All I needed was a week of physiotherapy. She was very good in listening, answering questions etc. but did not display experience or expertise in diagnosing the problem. If she couldn't pick out a relatively common problem, I am not sure I can recommend her for more serious problems. She was a very nice lady, and probably good for others. Just that she couldn't pick my problem. She didn't appear to be detailed in her diagnosis attempts also.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Works best with patients demonstrating very cut & dry illness symptoms. Misdiagnosed for many years. Once diagnosed, Refuses to explore current researched options, provide explanation or alternatives and does not take patient communication as valid or tells you there is no connection with your illness. Communicates most symptoms are emotional referring to psych. Left office multiple times without answers or treatment. Gave RX that was detrimental to other current illness and medical history. Does not practice medicine utilizing widely known & current AMA or ANA standards. Misdiagnosed & left patient untreated who finally sought a 2nd opinion where eventually confirmed symptoms as related to illness and recived proper treatment. Wasted valuable time with this doc. Stay away.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Dr. Ledoux jumped to a conclusion of a diagnosis and obviously wasn't listening to everything I was saying. I requested to test for something I was concerned about, and she just ignored my concern and told me to take some medicine she prescribed. I was insulted by a few things she said to me, but didn't let her know. I felt she was not helpful at all and a waist of my time and money! Unfortunately there are bad doctors out there like Dr. Ledoux!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

Worst office staff- very very rude and unprofessional. Would not work with me on scheduling although I am disabled and hard to get to my appointments. DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

EXTREMELY POOR CARE....I WOULD NEVER, EVER REFER ANYONE TO HER

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

I was not comfortable with her treatment recommendations and I did not follow through on a single one. She does not present as professional and knowledgeable or up the standards of my previous neurologist in another state. She's a DO not an MD and it shows.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

Dr. Karla M. Ledoux-Coton's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med