Ratings for Dr. Marc S. Siegel

I am an active middle-aged woman. Went to his office with severe knee pain & some swelling a year & a half ago. He said it was arthritis. Went back a month later when pain was not better & asked for MRI. He said MRIwas normal & it was arthritis. Suggested I stop running & riding my horse. After a year & a half, I was still hobbling around (& other knee started to bother me) so I took the original MRI to another dr for second opinion. He pointed out meniscus tear (& read it in original report from imagery department). Had arthroscopic surgery to fix the tear. Upset that siegl did not read my report or look at the MRI. I guess I am not a football player.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

He's an ASS! His only concern was to pass my father off on to someone else. So if you have medicate go see Dr. FARMER in Salem VA at Lewis Gale. What doctor says I know its not your hip but I'm going to give you an injection in your hip just to prove to the other doctor its not yoyr hip?

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Great doctor!!! Both of my parents are ortho's so I am knowledgable of ortho practice! Parents can't work on their children usually Bc they assume other possible diagnoses in fear. I was referred to Dr. Siegel. He was just a few minutes late to the room, much shorter than I had expected considering a trip to the Dr. For a cold will keep you waiting much longer. Examination was in depth and quick, pin pointed the problem immediately. Great doctor!! Very satisfied!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

The Staff was rude, the doctor was late (took extended lunch) and then spent < 5 minutes (to the point that he was unwilling to listen to other health issues and current problems. Seems to be solely interested in big names sports cases (which he proudly displays in his office).

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

very knowlegeable most experienced ortho in region excellent outcomes, trained with james andrews in birmingham the sports doc of the stars. Why not see some with experience

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

long wait, bad manner, pompous, hopefully he treats the VT athletes better??

flag | Submitted September 5, 2009

Dr. diagnosed me over the phone through a receptionist. Would not give me an appointment for unless I waited 2 weeks. I called Dr. Lebolt in Christiansburg he saw me the next and and performed surgery on 3rd day after I called Siegel. Dr. Siegel is a quack I would not let him work on a can of tuna! Check the state he has paid malpractice settlements. I probable would not have written this if I was a football player they are his priority. Stay away unless you are on the VT football team.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Siegel was great---------Insurance lady lied to me,would not send in insurance form to my short term disability carrier ,have waited 1 month so far.Keep calling,still waiting;

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008

Dr. Marc S. Siegel's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Blacksburg, VA