Ratings for Dr. Ashley Frederic Youn

I doctored with Dr. Youn and his staff for over 20 years, and loved them all. Could always get in quickly for an appt, and was never kept waiting. When my out-of-town nieces got in a car accident, he agreed to see them, and his nurse even came to my house on her lunch hour to check on their progress. When I saw him out and about, he always knew who I was and which children were mine. When my mother was widowed, he took her on as a patient as well, and treated her with such gentleness and concern. I loved having this man and his staff care for my family over the years. Since I moved to North Carolina three years ago, I my only regret is that I could not bring these wonderful people with me. His personal treatment reminded me of small-town doctors from years ago, like Marcus Wellby. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Youn.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. Youn and the staff are very caring people. I have known Dr. Youn for many years and will never leave him or his staff. Dave

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Was referred by church friends over 12 years ago and have been pleased all these years. I have five sons, so we have someone sick or hurt at least once or twice a month and we are always able to get a timely appointment. He is not stingy with prescriptions like so many doctors seem to be these days and will try a variety of avenues of treatment including prescriptions, physical therapy, and referral to specialists without a lot of wait and see nonsense. Some of the more critical comments here seem to have an unrealistic expectation that a doctor will always get it right the first time. Dr. Youn has an open minded and practical approach which along with his welcoming if sometimes offbeat humor and personal demeanor have kept our family coming back. He has never in our experience been unkind or unprofessional but he will tell it like it is in a straightforward manner that perhaps some people find disconcerting. We however find his directness refreshing and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Youn for 23 years. He has been there for us through the birth of children, my husbands cancer scare, problems I have had with my knee and my foot, long distance calls when we lived out of the country for a few years, and now helping with stroke recovery of my father. He has taken the time to talk to my son who didn't want to go to school for social reasons that he needed to go to school even when he didn't feel 100%. We had a long list of questions on the first visit with my dad after his stroke. He has always been willing to refer family members to a specialist. He is very straight-forward, very caring, and has a great (if somewhat quirky) sense of humor.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010

All opinions like these are based on a very limited sample - usually one person's experience. I'm not surprised some people have good things to write about Dr. Youn. But I am not one of those. My experience with him was one of the worse I have ever had with a medical professional. "Unhelpful" doesn't begin to describe it. When I became very ill under his care, he essentially abandoned me. He didn't know what the problem was and didn't seem to care. And he failed to facilitate consultation with someone else who might be able to help me. Indeed, he stood in my way. So, I dropped him and, thank God, found a doctor in Bay City who knew what the problem was and did help me. I eventually had major surgery and am fine today. No thanks to Dr. Youn.... As I say, just my experience. I pray you have a better one if you see him. As for me, I will never go near his office again.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Very unprofessional. He rushed in without even a hello and my greeting was simply what are you here for today? He rushed me through some of my symptoms and didn't seem the least bit interested in what I had to tell him. All he did was right me a few prescriptions and when I dared to ask about a symptom I was having he very angrily told me that he didn't have time for this and I would just have to make another appointment. He stated that I had already taken up too much of his time( he ahd only been in the room with me for 10 minutes) and he had other patients to attend to. He didnt seem to care about my illness or helping me and acted as if I was an inconvience for even being there. He talked to me as if I were a child and I felt very insulted. I have never in my life been treated so rudely and I will not return.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Rude, misogynistic. Tried to conceal rudeness with lame humor to no avail. Failed to diagnose endometriosis, rectal stenosis and diverticulosis in spite of clear symptoms and mocked me for wanting a GYN consult. Treated me for endometrial hyperplasia after endometrial biopsies instead.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

He is always in a hurry but seems very knowledgeable and up to date on new treatments.He helped me when others did not.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

When I questioned him about a treatment he got mad, Even called my cell to argue with me later. All I wanted was to know all my options. He missdiagnosed my gout as a broken foot. I left.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008

Helpful, caring, smart, witty man. I felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Youn.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

Dr. Ashley Frederic Youn's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Auburn, MI