Ratings for Dr. Shawnee D. Weir

Dr Weir is nice and listens, but her nurse is very unfriendly. Every visit she asks me if I’ve seen dr weir before. I’ve come every six months for the last 10 years. How they don’t know me is amazing! Dr weir always has trouble with the computer system and the information in their system isn’t always accurate. I like dr weir, but I’m finding a new dr. The wait times are ridiculous. Dr writ is good at listening and providing expertise, but I feel like I need more time and care and I’m not getting it here.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Weir for 16 years she is the best. The office is chaotic at times. I never have to worry about not being heard as a patient. Dr. Weir listens and has been a huge part In my recovery from Graves Disease. I wouldn't drive to this office or deal with the staff if not for her. I just love her!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

best I've seen for thyroid disease in yrs, the only one I've seen that treats ea pt according to their symptoms and needs vs using only 1 medication brand!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Dr. Weir is the only reason I continue to come here and wait as long as I do. Every time I have come, the total appointment takes 2-3 hours. This is extremely frustrating and needs to be corrected. I have a job and have to use my lunch break to come here and the appointment should not take this time. I am unsure why things are so disorganized but if you have the time to wait, Dr. Weir is a great doctor. She listens to your issues and does everything possible to help you!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I like Dr. Weir, however I have to find another doctor because the office is so busy that they end up making many mistakes with lab work and medical records. The doctor did not have my updated labwork on her computer and was reading from old records. I had to go back to the lab to draw blood again on a couple of occasions because they failed to send the blood to the lab or did not request the right labwork. These types of mix ups are dangerous especially when the doctor needs to prescribe medication based on the lab results. Dr. Weir's nurse is extremely lazy. When she takes my weight and blood pressure she never writes it down and then asks me later what was your weight? How much effort does it take to write this down. Also my appointments take on average 2 to 3 hours at times not to mention my long commute. I am also not very happy with the fact that the doctor refused to do a biopsy on my thyroid when in the past my previous doctors recommended I had this done every year.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Very good experience, excellent medical skills for nursing and physician. I would recommend this group practice to anyone with thyrdoid disease.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I love Dr. Weir! Dr Weir has a tremendous amount of knowledge. She really listens to her patients and seems to truly understand how you are feeling. Although she has numerous patients each day, she always takes the time to truly listen.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Dr Weir is the best Endocrinologist in Raleigh NC because of her helpfulness with my Graves Disease I have been in remission for over 5 years. Other doctors said, I was to sick and to take RAI and be done with it and take synthroid. Glad I did research and found Dr. Weir she's awesome

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

I didn't mind Dr. Weir, but she ultimately over medicated me in the early stages of my thyroid disease. It took a long time with other doctors to get things stabilized after that. She was nice and seemed interested in helping, though, but the staff is awful. They literally lost my blood work more than once, and the people who drew my blood once had to stick me four times to get anything. Dr. Weir didn't seem to believe they had lost the labs, I think she figured it was more likely that I didn't get them done and pretended it wasn't my fault. But I never forget being stuck by bad blood drawers.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

I didn't care at all for the staff there, but that isn't the reason I go to Dr. Weir. She takes the time to listen to what her patients have to say, and runs all the appropriate tests etc...based on your symptoms. She's caring and personable!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008

Dr. Shawnee D. Weir's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1980)

Benesys