Ratings for Dr. Daniel I. Newman

Dr. Newman is a gem of a physician and human being. He listens carefully, asks pertinent questions, and draws on three medical disciplines: Allopathic, Naturopathic, and Oriental. My symptoms were dismissed by Oregon practitioners, since my lab work was 'normal,' though I was seriously compromised. With clinical data, and the results of relevant lab tests, I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease. Dr. Newman is brilliant, respectful, and kind.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I am a patient of Dr Newman and dont understand the last review. I had been to multiple doctors over the years -one even said I needed surgery and at the suggestion of a friend who is a patient of Dr Newmans, I went to him. He has been a life saver - very knowledgable and mixes Western Medicine with Naturopathic. I like that I pay cash as I dont have to worry about insurance (although his office does bill my insurance and I get a refund from them).

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Demanding nearly $500 cash up front should have been a red flag! What followed was no less than a nightmare. I am reluctant to be specific as I am concerned about possible repercussions. That fact alone should speak volumes. It is unfortunate that Dr. Newman has covered the internet with propaganda that gives potential patients a false sense of who and what he his. Since this experience with Newman another Dr. shared information that could have prevented this entire experience. It is unfortunate that this information wasn't available before trusting him with life altering treatment. Please, ask around - colleagues may be willing to share valuable information. I wish that I could be more specific as it is important for anyone considering treatment at this office to ask questions. This was originally erroneously posted under Dr. ALAN Newman, also a naturopath in Vancouver. Given the similarities I believe the comments there are actually intended for THIS Dr. Newman.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011