Ratings for Dr. Nick C. Mellos

Ignored a fax,4 calls from pharmacy asking for authorization for a high-dose antidepressant (plus stimulant adjunct) I had been on for 8 months--even though I disclosed/provided records showing that going up to that high of a dose had made me ill at the time, and cold turkey discontinuation of this medication is difficult. That began Friday; on Wednesday at our appointment (3 calls and 1 fax ignored later) he acted like he was only vaguely aware of the situation. That evening, I had completely detoxed from the medication; Harvard Health estimates it's 99% out of your system in 4.4 days. He promised to address it the next day. I called the pharmacy at 1:30pm Thurs and they still hadn't heard from him. He also suggested I see an APRN instead of an MD (him) because "it might be better for my anxiety" even though anxiety resulted from near-fatal results of mishanding of complex prescribing/medical issues, and then told me it was my PTSD when I was upset by that.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Dr. Nick C. Mellos's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 2001)

Kaiser-Permanente