Ratings for Dr. Rohinton J. Morris

In July 2013 at Abington hospital Dr. Morris performed heart surgery on me to remove the outer lining of my heart. He explained everything to me and my surgery went just as expected. I am alive and well due to Dr. Morris.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Dr. Morris did a routine valve replacement surgery on my Mom, Aug 2012. After the procedure things looked good & he was coming to talk to the family & was called back because of bleeding. He performed the surgery by entering on the side, trying to avoid the more intensive sternum entry/recovery. After 14 hrs & complications, he did have to enter through my mother's sternum & finally got things under control. In his own words "he used over-judgment in trying to repair the bleeding from the side incision." I will never forget the word "over-judgment", basically admitting that if he had to do it again, he would have done it differently. My Mom was brought to recovery & we were told it was going to be a long night. After we all went in to see her, no longer than a minute after we left the room she destabilized, doctors rushed in & she died. Doctors are human beings and human beings make mistakes - but when it's a matter of life & death over-judgment should never happen.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr. Morris can only be described as a Surgical God!!! HE performed a extremely difficult 9 hour heart transplant on me in July of 2010. I am a 45 year old woman who was born with a rare congenital heart defect. I was literally in the hospital waiting to die when finally after 2 years of waiting a heart became available that the doctor assured me was perfect for me and probably my only chance for survival. I trusted him and he saved my life. Its been 15 months now and Iv'e been able to see my son get married and am doing things I could never do before!!! Dr. Morris was never far from my bedside during the 4 days I was on a respirator and in ICU. I never did get to see him again before I left the hospital 2 weeks later to say thank you. He has since gone on to a different hospital to help them maybe start a transplant program. My family and I will always remember him and the excellent care i received from him! He truly was a miracle sent from God !

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

What can you say about the best cardiothoracic surgeon in the Philadelphia region. Knowledgeable, approachable, professional,calm, steady, every thing you want in a heart surgeon. Just performed triple bypass surgery on me at Abington Mem. Hosp. within one day of my cardiac catherization and every thing went just as he told me it would. If you need open heart surgery Dr. Morris is the man to see!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr Morris just performed my father's valve replacement surgery. He is knowledgeable, extremely approachable and has a superb background. His surgical background is incredible and we were blessed to have him operate on dad, who has two congenital anatomical variations to his heart. The staff was supportive and kind and answered our gazillion questions. Dr Morris was available through email directly in case any other concerns arose. He is an incredible man, confident, calm and very down to earth, and we think this helped my family prepare for the surgery. We encourage those who are looking for a good cardiothoracic surgeon to utilize Dr Morris' exceptional talent. On a complete tangent, I think he is extremely handsome, but hopefully that's not the main criteria one uses for choosing a surgeon :D

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Dr. Rohinton J. Morris's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2540455'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 6, 2014