Ratings for Dr. Chethana RAO

After several years of looking for a doctor that could guide me in managing my health care as I aged, I found Dr. Rao. She is wonderful. She is professional, knowledgeable, easy to talk to and listens well. I highly recommend her. Very thankful I found her.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr Rao is an outstanding professional and a warm and thoughtful internist. She listens to you and works with you to get you the best care. The staff is friendly and they get the job done efficiently and generally painlessly. They will work you in if you are sick and if you need a specialist they will find the right doctor for you. All in all Dr Rao works very hard to help her patients and I only wish all doctors provided this kind of service. One example I could give is that Dr Rao realized I had a blood clot and immediately sent me to a specialist who confirmed the diagnosis. I had to go on a blood thinner for 6 months and Dr Rao monitored my condition and finally I was able to get off of it. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Rao is one of the best internal medicine doctors that I've ever had the pleasure of working with. She was enthusiastically referred to me by a business associate. I have found her to actually listen to what I was saying as a patient - friendly, professional, and well informed about the conditions I was being treated for. I convinced my wife to see her and she was equally pleased with the level of care and excellent customer service. Considering how difficult it is to find a great doctor and get the attention you need, I can highly recommend Dr. Rao and her office staff for your care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Worse patient care! They are there for money only!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

I had been looking for a new doctor when someone recommended Dr. Rao and I couldn't be happier now. The office is modern, the staff is friendly and Dr. Rao herself is very kind and patient. You can tell that she loves what she does and putting her patients at ease is a natural result. My husband and I are so glad to have found Dr. Rao as our regular doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr. Rao is a wonderful, caring practitioner! She is one of the best doctors I have seen in many, many years. She is very knowledgeable and thorough, and takes my concerns very seriously. She is also very personable, kind, and empathetic, and put me at ease right away. I know I am in great hands with her! She listens well and is very proactive in her approach and is always kind and has a smile on her face. The office staff is very personable, courteous, and efficient, and they always try to fit you in if you are sick. I have been seeing Dr. Rao for the past 4 years and was so thankful to find her! I would highly recommend her! :-)

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Rao's office is the only office I've visited where annual physicals are administered by RNs, not the physician in charge. Nurses call with test results and aren't always informed of your health conditions. Shortly after a miscarriage, e.g., my T3 levels were still low, and a nurse called to tell me I might need treatment for hypothyroidism. I thought this was irresponsible - low T3 is common during pregnancy, and my levels were recovering; Dr. Rao also hadn't tested the levels of my other thyroid hormones, which you need to diagnose thyroid conditions. I talked to my OBGYN, and she said my T3 levels weren't a cause for concern (and indeed, they bounced back). After this, I stopped trusting Dr. Rao's recommendations. Dr. Rao's bedside manner is also lacking. A couple years ago, I requested a refill of an anxiety med. When I saw Dr. Rao at my next physical, she noted I hadn't filled it, and when I told her I didn't need it (I'd been meditating, instead), she said, "That's great! I'm so proud of you!" I was 29, and this felt condescending. What would she have said if I'd filled the prescription - "I'm so disappointed"?! The following year, she brought up my anxiety, only to tell me I didn't have any because "I've seen patients with anxiety." (Really? So, just because she didn't see it at that moment meant I didn't have it?) Worse, when she learned of my miscarriage, instead of addressing it privately in the exam room, she came to ask me how I was doing as I was getting my blood drawn in an open space. (How do you think? I lost a child, and I have a needle in my arm.) I always got the feeling she was trying to move me along, which was reflected in her one-line answers to my portal questions. My husband, who's Indian-American, pointed out her beside manner might reflect cultural differences, but I just found her to be too insensitive.

Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr Chethana Rao is an outstanding Doctor. I have been visiting her for last few years and love every visit. She spends not only qualitative time with a patient but also quantitative. I feel very comfortable discussing any kind of health issues with her. Dr Rao is very empathetic and makes an attempt to understand how I really feel and how it affects my life. Most importantly I get appointments soon when I need them the most without waiting for days. And there is no wait time at her office as she is very punctual. I and my husband both go to her and she is an excellent Doctor overall and I would highly recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr.Rao is an excellent doctor, she is very patient and friendly. Always talk with me with a nice smile,and Dr.Rao understands my problems very well. Her staff is also friendly as well, I highly recommend my doctor to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I drive 20+ miles just to go see Dr Rao. She's just one of those one of a kind Drs who listens to you and takes her time to hear out how you are feeling. She makes me feel very comfortable and is knowledgeable as well. I appreciate that she never makes me feel rushed and will make sure everything you are concerned about is addressed. As long as I can I will continue to go to her.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Chethana RAO's Credentials

• Hindi

• Bangalore Medical College (Grad. 1992)

Ameritas