Ratings for Dr. Thomas Corkum

I am 25 years old and have never been to a gynocologost before.... Dr. Corkum was very polite and professional with me and thorough. He didn’t explain what he was doing really but I also didn’t bother to ask. He gave me thorough reccomendations for the issue I was having and sent me on my way. I am a dry person but didn’t find him abrasive or inappropriate in any way. The only thing I didn’t like about my experience was the decor at his office because I felt like I was at my grandparents house- but that’s not really important or relevant in the grand scheme. I’ve also seen some comments about how his receptionist was awful but she was fine toward me. I would reccomend him to someone easy going but not to someone who is high strung and who would get offended or upset by someone touching or looking at them the wrong way. Dr. Corkum said he has been a gynocologist for 50 years- hes probably blunt cause he’s tired of hearing people’s s**t lol

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Sometimes people are doing their jobs...don't understand the things people say here...nothing but a great experienc

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I have been going to Dr Corkum for 18 years. I don't know what I would do without him! He is amazing! Yes, Peggy can be a little abrasive at times but she is efficient. When I've had blood tests done she is the one to call me as soon as results are in, even though they were requested by my family MD - never did get a call from them.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I have been going there for 15 years and finally decided to leave. Horrible receptionist, she is so rude and the only reason I’m am leaving!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

This was the most through exam and appointment I have ever experienced in my 56 years. He leaves no loose ends or opportunities for errors and asks for copies of tests to review himself. He also request you to return after tests. Wow so impressed. Old school approach. Front desk lady was not nice and mildly abrasive (like a tough one) but who cares when the Dr is exceptional!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Corkum is such a sweet man. He makes you feel comfortable, he listens to your needs, he doesn't judge you and he truly cares how you are doing. He never rushes you but at the same time you never have to wait for your appointment. I remember being really nervous for my first PAP/Brest exam as a younger woman and now I won't go to anyone but him. His wife sometimes works reception and she is very kind as well. I'll be really sad when he retires. Some of the negative comments I see on here seem really hard to believe. Majority of his comments are accurate. Makes me wonder who is writing them and what the real truth was about their experience.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Love love this doctor, I dont know what I will do when he decides to retire.. he will be missed big time. I have never felt anything more than admiration for this doctor. He has never done me wrong, and his receptionist has always been pleasant and on top of her job. No complaints whatsoever..

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I have always found Dr Corkum to be extremely professional. To the lady who was shocked that he did a breast exam, I am most thankful that he does. He checks my mammogram reports each year as well. He looks away while he performs the breast exam. I would describe Dr Corkum as respectful and thorough . I have also found his receptionist to be most helpful.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr Corkum will make you feel very comfortable about the exam. I cannot however explain the anger, the frustration it takes out of me to talk to his secretary. I've re booked my appointment 3 times now because the secretary told me I was making up dates and I was never scheduled for any of the following. Having her repeat" No no no no no, your not scheduled " when she made the scheduling makes me incredibly angry and upset. She is very rude and very condescending. It makes sheduling a PAP exam more stressful than it should be.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

He has a terrible receptionist who is very condescending. She requires patients to phone 2 weeks in advance to confirm an annual appointment or else if you fail to phone will cancel your appointment. No allowancestors made for the fact that I have kept every appointment for the last 20 and more years. Of late, he does not appear to keep up with latest in HRT and prescribed hormone replacement which is not recommended for most post menopausal women.he is punctual, and puts the patient at ease while performing the complete exam. He does not like to explain why a woman needs HRT? He was quite sarcastic when I talked to him about sleeplessness issues that I was experiencing. In any case, even though he is the expert I would like to have a better explanation for pills or HRT he prescribes.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017