You may also like

Rate Dr. Thomas Corkum

Dr. Thomas Corkum's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Corkum since i was 18 yrs old i'm 57 now .He is the most ,the most terrific doctor .He makes you feel very comfortable.He knows his stuff .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2886560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2015

I have been going to see Dr Corkum since I was pregnant with my first child, so about 25 years. My Mother In Law and my Mother all see him too. I love Dr Corkum, he is very kind and professional and makes you feel at ease. I have read some negative reviews and I wonder if they are talking about the same Doctor, because the comments are ludicrous . Any way I will be devastated when he retires and I have to find someone else, because Dr Corkum knows his stuff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2860697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

First-rate doctor who ensures that both you feel comfortable and your reason for referral is fully explored and answered.

His courteous approach allows you to feel relaxed during exams, and, while his exams are comprehensive, it is over before you know it...a good thing in my books!

I also appreciate that he takes the time for "small talk," while also gaining important information regarding the purpose of your visit.

I never feel rushed when with him, and yet, at the same time, I never have to wait around for my appointment!

Prompt, caring, experienced, and thorough.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2840517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have had Dr. Corkum for over 15 years, and he has been nothing but a gentleman. Yes he does things differently, but I have had some bad women Dr's over the years and none of them have made me feel as comfortable as Dr. C when performing this exam. He talks, jokes, carries on and before you know it , its over. He has been nothing but kind and respectful, I prefer this to having to be rushed in and out, and no one caring about your privacy or medical concerns. I noticed a comment about pulling on the wrists to get you down to the correct position at the end of the bed, thank God,,,, nothing more awkward than trying to shimmy down or up out of the position. I can't believe women would equate a full exam (rectal and all) to some kind of perversion. I have had medical issues found out resulting from his exams, and without his thoroughness, they would never have been dealt with. We seem to have a shortage of gynecologists, the one I had before him, I had to wait hours past my appointment time to be seen, it was awful service, so I thank God for a Dr. like Mr. Corkum, who does not over schedule appointments and treats you with dignity and respect.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2737911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

Great Doctor have been going to him since I was 20, 38 years with the same Doctor, why because he is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

I have been going to Dr Thomas Corkum for 14 years and I have to say he is one of the best Doctor's in Halifax. He is extremely knowledgable and informative whenever any concerns are brought forward to him. I thank you Dr Corkum for being who you are!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Women we are so lucky to have Dr. Corkum he saved my baby's life and my mothers. He will save your life because he does such a thural examination. I rather that if you want a proper check ups I guess you got to over come your fears.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I was 15 when I saw him and never went back, made me feel disgusting. Insisted I needed a rectal exam & that if I didnt do it now in the office Id have to go all the way to the er and get scans done on my ovaries which I find completely bogus...And after reading all of these reviews saying they had surprise rectal exams or left feeling violated or were insulted I think he should have his medical liscence revoked or at least put into review! This isnt just women he's violating its adolescent young women coming into their womanhood. No ither gyn ive been to as a teenager or adult have made me feel uncomfortable with a bunch of innapropriate touching and comments. Whatever hes doing isnt part of his job and has more to do with some strange perversion. I cant believe people like this are allowed to continue their practices.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2015190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2014

Dr> Corkcum is one of the best that I have ever been associated with. As a female I feel quite a bit of apprehension when is related to gynological issues. He make me feel very comfortable and go about the procedures with ease. It will be a sad day for women in Nova Scotia when he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Oh what can I say except I would NEVER go back to this Dr , I felt like I wanted to go home and boil myself in javex . I have had 6 children so not much on me is a secret when it comes to delivery but this man made me feel very violated

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015189].votes_count ]]