Ratings for Dr. Thomas Corkum

He has two receptionists, one being his wife who is absolutely lovely and the other who can be quick, abrasive, is a loud talker and down right rude most times. She may be better placed not dealing w the public, but great behind the scenes. We all have our strengths. Dr. C is lovely, timely, educated and a lovely man who is concerned about his patient’s well-being. I’ll be sad when he announces retirement.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

I've been seeing him for years and I dread every exam but I need a pap test every year. He is a creep. Lately he seems to enjoy feeling my breasts I'll be keeping my bra on. His secretary is pretty snippy. I wouldn't recommend him unless you have no one else to see, as there is a doctor shortage in NS it's not something I feel like dealing with. I'm relieved most of the comments seem similar.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

I have been going to Dr. corkum for 30 years and there is no other gynocologist I would rather have.. He is extreemly knowledgeable, and always makes me feel comfortable during the exam, which we all dread anyway. He is very professional yet caring and understanding. As for hid staff I find them very professional, courteous and helpful. I am very happy to have Dr. Corkum as my doctor, and dread the day he decides to retire.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

I am 25 years old and have never been to a gynocologost before.... Dr. Corkum was very polite and professional with me and thorough. He didn’t explain what he was doing really but I also didn’t bother to ask. He gave me thorough reccomendations for the issue I was having and sent me on my way. I am a dry person but didn’t find him abrasive or inappropriate in any way. The only thing I didn’t like about my experience was the decor at his office because I felt like I was at my grandparents house- but that’s not really important or relevant in the grand scheme. I’ve also seen some comments about how his receptionist was awful but she was fine toward me. I would reccomend him to someone easy going but not to someone who is high strung and who would get offended or upset by someone touching or looking at them the wrong way. Dr. Corkum said he has been a gynocologist for 50 years- hes probably blunt cause he’s tired of hearing people’s s**t lol

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Sometimes people are doing their jobs...don't understand the things people say here...nothing but a great experienc

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I have been going to Dr Corkum for 18 years. I don't know what I would do without him! He is amazing! Yes, Peggy can be a little abrasive at times but she is efficient. When I've had blood tests done she is the one to call me as soon as results are in, even though they were requested by my family MD - never did get a call from them.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I have been going there for 15 years and finally decided to leave. Horrible receptionist, she is so rude and the only reason I’m am leaving!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

This was the most through exam and appointment I have ever experienced in my 56 years. He leaves no loose ends or opportunities for errors and asks for copies of tests to review himself. He also request you to return after tests. Wow so impressed. Old school approach. Front desk lady was not nice and mildly abrasive (like a tough one) but who cares when the Dr is exceptional!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Corkum is such a sweet man. He makes you feel comfortable, he listens to your needs, he doesn't judge you and he truly cares how you are doing. He never rushes you but at the same time you never have to wait for your appointment. I remember being really nervous for my first PAP/Brest exam as a younger woman and now I won't go to anyone but him. His wife sometimes works reception and she is very kind as well. I'll be really sad when he retires. Some of the negative comments I see on here seem really hard to believe. Majority of his comments are accurate. Makes me wonder who is writing them and what the real truth was about their experience.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Love love this doctor, I dont know what I will do when he decides to retire.. he will be missed big time. I have never felt anything more than admiration for this doctor. He has never done me wrong, and his receptionist has always been pleasant and on top of her job. No complaints whatsoever..

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017