You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Thomas Corkum

I have been seeing Dr. Corkum for almost 40 years. He is the best Dr. I have ever seen. He is personable & makes you feel totally relaxed while examining you. I only wish he was my G.P.as well. He knows what he is doing. I dread the day that he retires as he can never be replaced. He has also helped me with other problems other than gynecological issues. I can't imagine anyone ever saying some of the things I have read here. An excellent Dr. in every way with a great bedside manner!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I was referred to Doctor Corkum. I had been to gynecologists before for pap smears and knew what to expert. Shocked as all get out when i was told to take off my clothes and he proceeded to massage my breasts. I wasn't there for a breast exam, I was there for a pap exam. He smiled when he said everything feels great. I felt so violated I never went back.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I have been going to see Dr Corkum since I was pregnant with my first child, so about 25 years. My Mother In Law and my Mother all see him too. I love Dr Corkum, he is very kind and professional and makes you feel at ease. I have read some negative reviews and I wonder if they are talking about the same Doctor, because the comments are ludicrous . Any way I will be devastated when he retires and I have to find someone else, because Dr Corkum knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

First-rate doctor who ensures that both you feel comfortable and your reason for referral is fully explored and answered. His courteous approach allows you to feel relaxed during exams, and, while his exams are comprehensive, it is over before you know it...a good thing in my books! I also appreciate that he takes the time for "small talk," while also gaining important information regarding the purpose of your visit. I never feel rushed when with him, and yet, at the same time, I never have to wait around for my appointment! Prompt, caring, experienced, and thorough.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have had Dr. Corkum for over 15 years, and he has been nothing but a gentleman. Yes he does things differently, but I have had some bad women Dr's over the years and none of them have made me feel as comfortable as Dr. C when performing this exam. He talks, jokes, carries on and before you know it , its over. He has been nothing but kind and respectful, I prefer this to having to be rushed in and out, and no one caring about your privacy or medical concerns. I noticed a comment about pulling on the wrists to get you down to the correct position at the end of the bed, thank God,,,, nothing more awkward than trying to shimmy down or up out of the position. I can't believe women would equate a full exam (rectal and all) to some kind of perversion. I have had medical issues found out resulting from his exams, and without his thoroughness, they would never have been dealt with. We seem to have a shortage of gynecologists, the one I had before him, I had to wait hours past my appointment time to be seen, it was awful service, so I thank God for a Dr. like Mr. Corkum, who does not over schedule appointments and treats you with dignity and respect.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I have been going to Dr Thomas Corkum for 14 years and I have to say he is one of the best Doctor's in Halifax. He is extremely knowledgable and informative whenever any concerns are brought forward to him. I thank you Dr Corkum for being who you are!!!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Thomas Corkum's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Corkum for almost 40 years. He is the best Dr. I have ever seen. He is personable & makes you feel totally relaxed while examining you. ..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Doctor Corkum. I had been to gynecologists before for pap smears and knew what to expert. Shocked as all get out when i was told to take off..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Corkum for years and is just wonderful. I have great faith in him."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful Dr. , I have been seeing him for 10 yrs and he has been great............."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Corkum since i was 18 yrs old i'm 57 now .He is the most ,the most terrific doctor .He makes you feel very comfortable.He knows his stuff ..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to see Dr Corkum since I was pregnant with my first child, so about 25 years. My Mother In Law and my Mother all see him too. I love Dr Cork..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First-rate doctor who ensures that both you feel comfortable and your reason for referral is fully explored and answered. His courteous approach allows you ..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr. Corkum for over 15 years, and he has been nothing but a gentleman. Yes he does things differently, but I have had some bad women Dr's over the ye..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor have been going to him since I was 20, 38 years with the same Doctor, why because he is great."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr Thomas Corkum for 14 years and I have to say he is one of the best Doctor's in Halifax. He is extremely knowledgable and informative whe..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Women we are so lucky to have Dr. Corkum he saved my baby's life and my mothers. He will save your life because he does such a thural examination. I rather that..."

October 15, 2014