Ratings for Dr. Fernando S. Escovar

He is very knowledgable ! Caring and kind with the whole family. Staff are fun to talk too and very sweet !! Couldn't ask for a better clinic and dr.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

He seems to be caring, but I feel Dr. Escovar shares the minimum of information, gives orders, and expects me to follow them instead of explaining the diagnosis and chosing a course of action WITH me. He answers questions with big scientific words. He speaks English well, but with a thick accent. He prescribes drugs without a sure dignosis. I think he does that to save his patients money on testing, but I prefer to pay for the testing. He has made a wrong diagnosis on several occaisons. He prescribed a drug without asking important family history questions, and it caused harm. His staff seem disorganized and are not very hospitable. Recordkeeping is sloppy. I have to ask for a copy of the bill showing the diagnosis--which is usually in Dr. Escovar's illegible handwriting anyway. I am usually kept waiting long after my appointment time and, on more than one occasion, the nurse has called me out of the waiting room and set me in a storage room to wait for an open exam room. Why??

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Dr. Fernando S. Escovar's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Santo Domingo (Uasd), Fac De Cien Med, Santo Domingo (Grad. 1982)

AHC