Ratings for Dr. Ronnie Cyzner

He just seems too nonchalant and predisposed. Very disappointed because after two upper and one lower GI's I now have digestive problems I never had before. His nurse is rude and pathetic. I am angry at my primary care doc for recommending him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I wish I had read reviews before I wasted my valuable time and money. He was condescending, impatient, and hasty. Plus, he ordered expensive and redundant tests that had been performed by my PCP the week before (Dr. Cyzner had the results in his hand during my appointment). I waited 2 months to see him. When he came in, he barely glanced at my records, and asked me why I was there and who had referred me. I told him that my rheumatologist referred me, b/c she was concerned that my chemotherapy might be causing liver damage. He asked why she would think that. I stated that for the past year my blood work showed higher and higher liver levels, and I’d been had sporadically sharp pain at the liver’s location for months. His tone was sarcastic when he asked me what I meant by “liver levels” to which I replied that I was referring to the ALT, AST, and GGT enzymes. I pointed at his computer and said the increase could be seen over time in the blood work results that had been sent to him. He wanted me to TELL him the medications that I take. I respectfully mentioned that my list of medications and other records had been sent to him by my doctors’ offices, and his nurse had them open and ready for his review (again, I pointed to his computer as I spoke). He huffed, rolled his eyes, and reached over to log in to the computer. We discussed my medications, the frequency of my chemotherapy, and the infusion drug I’m on, which is under study in a clinical trial for lupus and lymphoma patients. He said he'd never heard of it and said that the name I was using was probably the generic name for it. He asked me what other name it was known by. I said that I only knew it as the one name and that I assumed it was simply the drug’s name. He condescendingly repeated, “That’s probably the generic name,” and he continued by saying that there must be some other name that the pharmaceutical company uses. I told him my doctor and the drug study coordinators refer to it by the same name I had given him, so I assumed that it was simply the drug’s name. He VERY impatiently corrected me again by saying, “The GENERIC name…” (My impression is that educating me to use the term “generic name” as opposed to saying the words “drug name” was very important to him.) We continued through my medications list when he came to “Livalo” and asked me what it was and the reason I took it. I explained it is a statin medication that I take for high cholesterol. He said he’d never heard of it and told me that I must mean “Lipitor.” I patiently said, “No. I mean Livalo. My primary care physician prescribed it, because I had a bad reaction to Lipitor.” Dr. Cyzner huffed and rolled his eyes again, and reached to search for Livalo on the computer. When he found it, he said, “Hmm. You’re on two drugs I’ve never even heard of.” We were more than ten minutes into my appointment until we got back to discussing why I was there (high liver levels in blood work and pain in the upper right quadrant), he told me to describe the pain I’d been having. He poked on my back in a few places and said I was constipated. I agreed and knew it was because of my pain medication. I began to tell him how I eat a healthy, vegetarian, high-fiber diet when he interrupted me and said, “I don’t think it’s your liver. It’s your gallbladder. Do you still have your gallbladder or have you ever had gallstones?” I thought his diagnosis was strange given that he stated that it was my gallbladder, yet in the next breath asked me if I still had my gallbladder. I blame myself about the redundant blood work; I could have told the lab NOT to run the tests I’d just had done the week before and to run only the hepatic function/panel he ordered. Also, he ordered an ANA Test, which is one of the MANY tests used to help diagnose lupus. My lupus specialist monitors that and other “markers” indicating the disease’s activity level. Instead, I’m stuck paying $1,300 out of my own pocket, because the insurance company considered Dr. Cyzner’s tests redundant (rightly so). My opinion, based on my overall impression of Dr. Cyzner, is that he ordered the ANA test because he did not believe that I have lupus or wanted to try and prove me wrong about something. That’s how PETTY I found his personality to be. Regardless of the numerous pages of documentation that were sent directly from my specialist, I get the feeling that Dr. Cyzner is skeptical about patients rather than being compassionate toward or interested in them.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr. Cyzner was great. I am not sure why some others considered him rude, etc. I experienced the exact opposite. He was friendly, explained the procedure, courteous, etc.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!! I had the worst medical experience of my life with Dr. Ronnie Cyzner. After nine months of testing and thousands upon thousands of dollars later, I had the most unbelievable doctors appointment in my life. He didn't have a clue what was going on. He told me our next step was to do a certain test which I had already taken, he seemed so confused he had to text his nurse.Then he said he needed to run another test, yet again I had to remind him that I had also already taken that test too. So, he had neglected to add two very expensive and important tests to my chart. He also "overlooked" a test result that requires medical attention! When we both knew he didn't have a clue he tried to pass on a medicine that only covered two of my issues. He is the most incompetent doctor I have ever worked with my life, I was so frustrated and mad I had a panic attack, and honestly he could care less! Do yourself a favor and find another doctor, it might save your life!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I had colonoscopy and after 5 months second one just to find out that he left 5 big polyps that cost cancer. if you had colonoscopy with him please go and check you again.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

I will never see this doctor again, he is very arrogant, has no bedside manner. After my colonoscopy told me to "relax, go shopping, go to the spa".He makes you think you're crazy and don't know what you're talking about, acts like he doesn't want to listen to you that he has better things to do with his time. Probably the worse doctor I've ever been to, complete waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr. Cyzner did not examine me at all. He sat across from me and listened to my symptoms. Then asked, "What do you want to do next." But gee, that's what I thought I was going to him to find out. He took my recommendation on a procedure and that was that. After reading these reviews and my own personal experience, I am in the process of looking for another doctor. The office staff was very indifferent and not very cordial. The nurse was nice though, I have to give her some credit.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Very good experience with colonoscopies and follow up. Prompt and efficient office staff.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

After one of the most unhelpful and frustrating doctor visits I have every been to I looked up Dr. Cyzner online and am wishing I would have done so before my visit. As mentioned he was arrogant, rude, unsympathetic and left me feeling as though I was imagining my entire illness. At one point when asked what my next steps were he stated, and I quote, "you will get in your car drive to the hospital and get an x-ray then see me again in two weeks." Let me just say I was floored and didn't even know how to respond. In addition, I found it extremely frustrating that despite completing four pages of paperwork prior to my visit detailing my medical background, medications and current ailments that he or his staff did not bother to take the time to read any of it prior to seeing me. It is medical practitioners such as Dr. Cyzner that give the entire healthcare industry a black eye. What a waste of time and money for both myself and BlueCross/BlueShield!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

I went to this doctor with critical lab values and left with a diagnosis. The very next day rec'd labs from hospital that ruled out diagnosis. I asked him to get lab report before I left office but he was in too big of a hurry. I was told that the office would call me Monday with results from labs that he aksed me to have done. I called the office and was told he was not working but could leave message with nurse. Nurse did call me back but had no answers for me. I have an appt with another doctor in order to get a second opinion. I also felt he needed to work on his bedside manner. He was very cocky and still got the diagnosis wrong. His last words to me were trust me you have X. Well I didn't have X as the labs showed.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Ronnie Cyzner's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1993)

GHI