Ratings for Dr. Arnold Kozak

I was quite disappointed with this psychologist. I had four sessions with him. During the first, I provided background about my life, the struggles I was currently dealing with, and attempted to formulate some goals for therapy. During the second, third, and forth sessions, I attempted, unsuccessfully, to enlist Dr. Kozak in developing a structured treatment plan for me. He quite simply refused to cooperate. Knowing that his preferred therapeutic modality was mindfulness, I asked him how he would incorporate the practice of mindfulness into our therapy sessions. I didn't receive a satisfying answer. Dr. Kozak primarily expressed interest in insurance and payment issues (I am insured and also was able to pay out of pocket). His affect (expression, mannerisms, tone of voice, etc) was flat and vacant, not warm and empathetic. It made me feel nervous and uncertain. I have seen many clinicians during my lifetime, and I have rarely felt more uncomfortable than I did with Dr. Kozak.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013