Ratings for Dr. David A. Colbert

Horrible Doctor! All he cares about is money! He isn't knowledgable. His fillers were awful

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Unfriendly and rude staff, Dr. Colbert charged my insurance company for services never rendered. Called the office a few times but was never given an explanation. Also e-mailed Dr Colbert directly but never heard back, unacceptable in my book. This office is already so expensive and then they behave like this, disgusting.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

i waited forever, staff is rude and incompetent.dr. colbert tried to talk me into very expensive treatments eg fraxel and triad although i was there to have a mole checked.it was almost embarrassing how hard he tried to convince me that i needed a laser treatment for my face right that day.I guess the rent for that office is expensive!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Really bad experience all around. I got what I came for but will never go back.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

I don't think I saw the same Dr Colbert as the other raters. Dr Colbert was on time and spent alot of time with me during my consultation. He answered all my questions. I have since had 3 procedures with him and I look great but extremely natural. He takes a less is more approach. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

I have never had such an awful experience in my life, medical or otherwise. David Colbert was THE RUDEST doctor I have ever encountered. I have been struggling with a hair loss condition that is very disruptive and embarrassing for me and am trying to understand the condition so that I can get appropriate care. His approach was to suggest treatments before confirming the nature of the condition. Even more perplexing was his willingness to treat me but his belligerent unwillingness to have a conversation with me about basic facts, information and possibilities about my condition. It was essentially this: "I can't talk to you about what may be wrong until the biopsy results come back, but why don't you let me inject your scalp with steroids in the interim." No one on his staff had any clue about the unique dermatology issues of people of color. I was in tears by the time I left. I found all the previous comments on this site to be accurate to my experience, as well.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Ugh. He tried to get me to come back (he could bill my insurance twice then, you see) just to give me biopsy results (that were all negative). Any other doctor either calls you or sends you a postcard if nothing's wrong! He also alarmed me several times for absolutely no reason. He also told me I needed body scans TWICE a year instead of once, even though I've never had a malignancy. On another occasion he told me I had so much sun damage that was "precancerous" I needed some thousand-dollar-plus treatment (that he was going to get my insurance to pay for, even though it'really cosmetic). My new doctor says it's all crap, come back once a year. She even confided that one of her colleagues quit his practice because of this. She told me that what he called "precancerous" was NOTHING. HOWEVER, if you want to go to a dermatologist whose office is a multi-million dollar loft with live orchids and where Debby Harry may be sitting in the waiting room (as she was at my last visit), go for it.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2007

I waited 45 minutes and when I went to the front desk to complain then he came in. I told him I was upset and he replied, arrogantly, that 45 minutes is not a long time to wait for a Doctor. As I walked out, he yelled down the hall, we will send your records anywhere you want them sent. I found this rude and disrespectful. I won`t go back to him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

I waited over 1 1/2 hours to see him just for a consultation. Didn't allow me to talk and was absoultely brushing me off. Extremely conceited as well as arrogant.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2006

Dr. David A. Colbert's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1987)