Ratings for Dr. Eva K. Wang

I don't feel that Dr. Wang is a bad person but I don't feel that she is good at what she does. I took one of our kids for an evaluation and Dr. Wang did not want to treat him because he has both a medical need and could have some mental health needs as well. She said that she was not comfortable treating kids with significant medical needs and any sort of mental health diagnosis. The doctor said that certain conditions that are widely accepted are not even real (such as Oppositional Defiant Disorder- for which she commented that all kids have elements of this "disorder" and that they will "just grow out of it"). She kept questioning why anyone would "want" a kid with special needs and kept calling us saints. Well, I wasn't there to be canonized. I wanted help for our child. She needed to keep referencing the DSM for basic information of which even laymen would have a grasp. She said that she had no way of knowing about medication conflicts either. Make up your own mind, though.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014