Ratings for Dr. Anthony C. Abrantes

Rude staff, was pressured by nurse to forego the first trimester screen for neural tube defects because "only teenagers who would get an abortion anyway if something was wrong with it would do that so sign here to decline" Doctor made rude comments of a sexual nature, and I landed back in the hospital a week after the c-section with a life threatening complication which he hastily tried to blame on an infection though my blood count was fine.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Used Dr. Abrantes for my second pregnancy and LOVED him! He always made me feel comfortable during my pregnancy and the c-section delivery of my daughter. Would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I always loved being a patient of his. He kept things light and made being pregnant enjoyable.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I moved from the Sherman area otherwise he would still be my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

My daughter went to Dr. Abrantes with a lump in her left breast. He said it was a cyst, nothing to worry about. She is dead now from breast cancer.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Love Dr Abrantes! He delivered all 3 of my children. I've been using him for 13 years. You always see him unless he has a delivery or emergency. Like I said he delivered all 3 of my kids and there were 2 times that I didn't see him. I seem Sheila who is also wonderful!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

Dr. Abrantes made me feel extremely comfortable. His office is very punctual and his staff is extremely helpful even over the phone. From having my son to annual check ups I would need consider another OBGYN.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

I have been using Dr. Abrantes for 13 years and love him and his staff very much. He delivered my first baby 2 years ago and it went extremely great. I have never had any issues with Dr. Abrantes or his staff. They always make me feel welcome and comfortable. I drive over 1 hour one way just to see Dr. Abrantes and have for almost 14 years.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Does long breast exam, dressed unprofessional, joked around when not needed, and rude comments

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Dr. Abrantes has been my doctor since i was 16 years old. I love him to death. He delived my son, 3 of my nephews and one of my neices. Amoung many other family members. The staff is wonderful and I love the fact that you will almost always see dr. Abrantes when you have an appointment. I think there were 2 times during my pregnancy that I had to see the nurse. He was honest and funny.. Love that the whole office is really laidback! I recommend him to anyone i know who is pregnant or needs a gyno.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. Anthony C. Abrantes's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1980)