Ratings for Dr. Anthony C. Abrantes

I was thrilled when my daughter told me Dr. Abrantes would be delivering my grandbaby. He was my doctor for years and I knew he would be the right one for my daughter (though she didn't think so when she first met him at an appointment of mine). He didn't act "Professional" in the way she was accustomed to doctors behaving. I told her THAT was what made me feel comfortable enough to talk to him about anything. We should all be able to tell our doctor things we'd only discuss with our closest girlfriends! Having lived far away for many years, I can only rate staff and punctuality for what it was like in the past. Seeing him at the hospital after my granddaughter 's birth, along with my mother's comments from accompanying my daughter to her appointments let me know he's still as great as ever. He's probably the only thing other than cheesecake agreed to be exceptional by all three generations of women in my family.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

Rude staff, was pressured by nurse to forego the first trimester screen for neural tube defects because "only teenagers who would get an abortion anyway if something was wrong with it would do that so sign here to decline" Doctor made rude comments of a sexual nature, and I landed back in the hospital a week after the c-section with a life threatening complication which he hastily tried to blame on an infection though my blood count was fine.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Used Dr. Abrantes for my second pregnancy and LOVED him! He always made me feel comfortable during my pregnancy and the c-section delivery of my daughter. Would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I always loved being a patient of his. He kept things light and made being pregnant enjoyable.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I moved from the Sherman area otherwise he would still be my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

My daughter went to Dr. Abrantes with a lump in her left breast. He said it was a cyst, nothing to worry about. She is dead now from breast cancer.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Love Dr Abrantes! He delivered all 3 of my children. I've been using him for 13 years. You always see him unless he has a delivery or emergency. Like I said he delivered all 3 of my kids and there were 2 times that I didn't see him. I seem Sheila who is also wonderful!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

Dr. Abrantes made me feel extremely comfortable. His office is very punctual and his staff is extremely helpful even over the phone. From having my son to annual check ups I would need consider another OBGYN.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

I have been using Dr. Abrantes for 13 years and love him and his staff very much. He delivered my first baby 2 years ago and it went extremely great. I have never had any issues with Dr. Abrantes or his staff. They always make me feel welcome and comfortable. I drive over 1 hour one way just to see Dr. Abrantes and have for almost 14 years.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Does long breast exam, dressed unprofessional, joked around when not needed, and rude comments

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Dr. Anthony C. Abrantes's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1980)