Ratings for Dr. Mario Baff

Dr. Baff was our family doctor for years until we moved overseas. I went through 2 successful pregnancies and with my young kids I am still thankful for Dr. Baff's care for us. He is extremely good with babies -- and new mother's worries for them. I still remembered getting the first 4 immunization shots for my first born, I was so nervous not able to hold her well but my baby didn't even cry until the after facts! We moved from Vancouver to Burnaby but we kept going back to Dr. Baff as we really trusted him. If one day we move back to Vancouver area we hope Dr. Baff will take us back in!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Baff seems relaxed, but is excellent. When the chips are down, he is fabulous! i came in with an infection, he called the hospital, changed the specialist's prescription, called the specialist to advise of the change, had me in hospital ASAP, then did HOUSE CALLS upon my release to check me daily! He listened to me and referred me to a specialist upon my request. Dr. Baff was my GP for years, my eye specialist confided in me that he had chosen Dr. Baff as his GP as he was the best GP in the city!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

Very good family manner - recalls well, empathic and knowledgeable -

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Shelley is very nice and friendly, and gets me the appointment right away. Dr. Baff is a excellent doctor and is very personable. He has always helped me find an efficient solution to my medical issues. :)

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Went to him for several years and did not find him helpful for my long-term illness. It doesn't matter to me whether a physician seems 'nice' or 'caring' - those are soft skills I can get from friends. I want a physician who is knowledgeable and works aggressively to find answers and ensure patients are getting the most up to date treatments. Unfortunately, I did not find that here. I found it at a walk-in clinic, and will not return to this Dr.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

Dr. Baff is great. He's not a chatty person, but I believe he makes up for this because I do know he cares about his patients. Though holistic, he's not very interested in talking about integrative medicine. I imagine with his schedule, this would be a never-ending discussion, and I'm guessing he wants to go with the tried and true. Love Shelley. Maybe she's a little talkative, but she's perfectly professional, despite the other comments. She does know her stuff. I assume Mario wouldn't have her otherwise.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

Very thorough - though busy. I've been seeing Dr. Baff for years. When my mother moved here, he became her Dr. And was VERY VERY thorough. When I married, he asked if he could be my spouses Dr. too. He said "I AM your family Dr." When my sister visited from the USA, she saw him too! And when my baby niece was ill while visiting he was awesome too. Even following up at the hospital and afterhours. He is a very holistic Dr.. I feel my whole family is cared for!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

Excellent doctor. He knew when to ask us to take our daughter to emergency for a very swollen lymph gland and then personally followed up by calling our home to find out results of our trip to BC Children's emergency. Proactive without being alarmist and does not overprescribe. Lives a healthy lifestyle, smart doctor, relaxed nature. Observant,willing to share knowledge and do so honestly and in a forthright manner. Staff: a bit talkative but harmless, gets the job done. We go to Dr. Baff for his medical skills, rather than for a 'quiet' receptionist.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

An extremely knowlegable doctor. A colleague told me that at med school Mario got 100% on everything and all the other students constantly asked his advice. Now do you want a doctor that was top of his grad year, or one that squeaked through the exams? I do wish he would get rid of that new receptionist. She is totally unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009