Ratings for Dr. Gerald Bassett

This doctor has a disinterested attitude, could b barely make eye contact, looking at his watch after a short time. Lacking in knowledge of what type of abdominal problem I had, even I knew that. Also very reluctant to allow me to get his reports even seemed obstructive. Never had these problems before. Could not recommend him especially for his lack of empathy, cold attitude & careless approach.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Refused to look at my lab results from the recommending doctor (in his group) on the issue. Refused to look at my doctors medical history on the issue he was to treat. Ordered extreme surgical diagnostic procedure instead of a simpler less expensive diagnostic lab test. Charged three times as much as the recommending doctor for doing 1/3rd of what the refering doctor did. Charged an additional $30 for colonoscopy package which consisted of 2 packs of gatorade, 1 chicken bouillon packet, 1 jello packet, and one bottle of laxative (which my insurance would have paid for if he had wrote a script) which would have cost me $10. Medical assistant made me feel uncomfortable. 20 minute wait in the waiting room. 15 minute wait in the patient room. 10 minutes spent with the doctor.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015