You may also like

Rate Dr. Shahla P. Rahmatullah

Dr. Shahla P. Rahmatullah's Ratings

AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COST! SHE'S A SCAM ARTIST! I went to see Dr. Rah with severe abdominal pain, gas, bloating and constipation. I scheduled my appointments later in the day so I wouldn't have to miss any work, and each and every time my presence seemed unwelcomed. The secretaries would comment multiple times on how they would like to leave early, and despite that I would still wait 45-60min to even get into an exam room.
The doctor had her dog at the office, which I was fine with because I'm not allergic, but I could imagine how that would make others feel uncomfortable. What I disliked about the situation is that the dog was disruptive. It wondered into the exam room, begged for attention, and then when it wasn't getting any it would scrape incessantly at the door. Talk about unprofessional.
Even though she was in my network she scheduled the colonoscopy in an out-of-network facility without clearing that with me. Needless to say a huge bill was waiting for me, but that wasn't even the half of it...
She sold me over-priced over the counter remedies out of her office, which was really inappropriate for a supposed "medical doctor"
Also when ordering a gluten food allergy panel her office neglected to check one of the boxes on the request form and I was stuck paying full price for only half of the results from the test, and when I brought that to their attention they said I was free to shell out the full amount again to redo the test...
I rated the doctors knowledge at 1 because she frankly did not inform me of anything that I didn't already know or had already easily looked up online.
She seemed to consistently avoid coming to any conclusions during my appointments and would keep scheduling me to come in. She wanted me to take probiotics for a month and then see her again to discuss the results rather than perform any credible form medicine. If I wanted or thought my problem could be solved with natural remedies I wouldn’t be seeing a GI specialist.
She also did not tell me that her contract with my insurance company expired while I was under her care and as such she is now charging me for a visit as an out-of-network doctor - upwards of $500 for a 10 minute office visit (the one where she told me they only had half the results of a $500 gluten food allergy panel).
Needless to say I’m still in pain regularly and have been traumatized from my experience under Dr. Rahmatullah’s “care.” I’m in the process of filling appeals for the ridiculous bills I have been charged with. I really hope my review will rightfully deter others from her practice in favor of better qualified doctors who can actually help and those regard their patients with some courtesy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2862353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Rahmatullah is the poorest excuse for a doctor that I have ever encountered. Not only am I still distressed from the care or the lack of care I received but the bills keep coming!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I went to see Dr. Rah after months of bloating, pain and being just plain tired all the time. Dr. Rah had lab work done and scheduled an Endoscopy scheduled for the next day. Because of her thoroughness and caring I'm happy to say all I needed were nutritional changes. I have so much more energy and no painful bloating. Everyday I'm thankful I went to see Dr. Rah.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I had 2 appts and 1 procedure. My first visit i waited 45 min to be seen. At the procedure She came in 1 hr late with multiple people ahead of me. I thought her tardiness could be excused because something medical had occurred. However on my 2nd office visit (3rd appt from opening in morning, she arrived 50 min late, coffee cup in hand, did not rush to make up for her tardiness (in fact stop to go thru some paperwork and sat in her for approx. 10 min)and i realized this is a habit pattern for her. And the receptionist confirmed this. I am always considerate and on time for Doctors appt. I find it very rude and unprofessional when the Doctor doesn't reciprocate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][299937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

I struggled with bile reflux for a long time. It was very frustrating. My doctor I was seeing quit his practice and disappeared. Literally. I found Dr. Rah because of her reviews and from the first appointment, she got up to speed. She asked questions about lab results I had previously had and medication I was on. From there she she did an egd and colonoscopy. There have been followup appointments since then. All to help me figure out my bile reflux problem. She was wise in figuring out how to resolve my problem and she never gave up. I really appreciate that. I would highly recommend Dr. Rah.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][299936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

I was very pleased with the professionalism and compassionate care of Dr. Rah and her staff. She has really taken the time to listen to my concerns and discuss the options available for my condition, ulcerative colitis. My colonoscopy with Dr. Rah at Newport Surgical Center was also a pleasant experience (I have had difficult ones with other doctors in the the past). She was very thorough with her testing and explained all the results in my follow-up visit. If you are considering/in need of a pro-active Gastroenterologist who actually listens to you, I would definitely recommend Dr. Rah.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][299935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2012

Dr. Rah is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I had questions about a specific medication that she knew a lot about. She was able to get me in for my first appointment 2 days after I contacted her office. Then she was able to get me in for tests within 3 working days from my appointment. She's very caring and listens to what the patient has to say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][299934].votes_count ]]