Ratings for Dr. Deborah R. Coen

I very much disagree with the negative reviews of Dr. Coen on this site. Dr. Coen also has found the perfect counseling and drug combination for me. I prefer a psychiatrist who can communicate with me about more than just psychiatry. She does a great job of learning what she needs to learn to provide an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. P.S. to the person who was lamenting that it took weeks to get an appointment. There is a shortage of psychiatrists-this is normal.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I have been treated by Dr. Coen for fifteen years and have always had a great experience with her treating my symptoms. She has always been kind, professional, considerate, and very generous with her time. One of the commentators on this website complained that Dr. Coen committed malpractice because the patient would not pay for an appointment and that the commentator had sued Dr. Coen. That patient lied: no doctor would tell a patient that another doctor committed malpractice just because the patient refused to pay for an appointment. Also, that commentator lied because he/she claimed that he/she had no medical insurance yet was consulting doctors for medical conditions. The connentator obviously believed that Dr. Coen must provide professional services to every patient just because that patient lost his/her health insurance because of a ObamaCare. I checked, Dr. Coen has never been sued: therefore, the person who claimed that he/she sued Dr. Coen lied.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Coen knew what I was coming in for (and her website said she treated my condition) so after a phone call about my concerns she made the 90 minute intake appointment (first available was 3 weeks out mind you). She handed me hand written "contracts" to sign and we went into her office. Right off the bat I reiterated that I was there for trauma treatment options. She went on and on for 90 minutes, most of that spent talking about politics and off-subject things, NOT what caused my trauma or how I have tried to treat it. After 90 minutes she said our time had run out (probably due to her arguments about politics and such), that she needed to see me again to give me meds, BUT, MOST IMPORTANTLY, besides meds, she said she COULD NOT TREAT ME as she "does not treat trauma/PTSD" outside of prescription management. This intake was $450 and the follow up she wanted before meds was another $300. She knew before I arrived I was seeking trauma and PTSD therapy and she waited until the appointment was over to tell me this so she could charge me $450 when all along she knew she doesn't do that. Absolutely, incredibly unprofessional and ridiculous.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Totally demeaning and felt looked down upon as others here have stated. I do not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I was diagnosed with bipolar 42 years ago. I have had many different psychiatrists during these years. Dr Coen was by far the most unhelpful , self-serving person I have ever met. She bulked at the smallest requests. I needed a copy of something She complained the room the printer was in was too cold.She harped about me needing 2 different prescriptions written on ,not one form, but 2 different forms, going to 2 different pharmacies. She never let the opportunity to scold pass. But when she hurried our appointment so she could leave for lunch, she didn't apologize. I don't understand why she is in a profession that requires her to HELP people? She doesn't seem to want to help.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

PLEASE do anything in your power to see a PROFESSIONAL DR. DR. COEN should have her license taken away for mal practice. AND only cares about money!!!!! Not only is she abusive with her power, But due to the OBAMA CRISIS MY DR.s were CUT and lost insurance. It takes 3 months or more to find a new DR plus DR's are not seeing new patients. I have been on ADDERALL and bi polar medications for 20 yrs,,, since I have no insurance but for perscriptions, she abruptly stopped my medications and wont fill them unless I see her, but I have no insurance and cant pay $170 in cash. All my main Dr.s are telling me to sue her because she is committing mal practice. SO I DID........and it is in motion.. SAY NO TO DR COEN AND YES TO A PROFESSIONAL DR!!!! SHE WILL MESS YOUR LIFE UP FOR SURE!!!! AND THEN TAKE NO BLAME AND BLAME IT ON THE PATIENT!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Coen. Together, her knowledge and my symptoms, we found the perfect medications to treat my diagnosis. I now see her for routine check ups and look forward to the appointments. Life is great! Thank you for your help Dr. Coen.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Very disappointing experience. I felt treated in a disrespectful way, and not listened to. She was unable to grasp the problem I was describing. I felt looked down upon.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Deborah R. Coen's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Minnetonka, MN