Ratings for Dr. Randall A. Pohlenz

I have been a patient of Dr. Pohlenz for over 15 years. All of my experiences with Dr. Pohlenz and/or his staff have been very positive. I wear contacts. He and his staff are very knowledgeable and have been able to keep me in contacts over many long years and increasing bouts of dry eye. I feel that the eye care offered by Dr. Pohlenz is exemplary.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I had my first appointment with Dr. Pohlenz yesterday. I was very pleasantly surprised about the amount of time he took with me as I'm so used to the model of a nurse or tech does everything and then the Dr. spends 5 minutes looking you over. Very thorough and professional.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I have had Dr Pohlenz since I was a little girl (I am in my mid 30's now) and I have always had a great experience.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

I've been seeing Dr Pohlenz for about 7 years. He and his staff are always helpful and make me feel like a valued patient. Dr Pohlenz is also very thorough (I have diabetes, so I require more than a simple checkup). It's very convenient to have a high-quality eyeglass dispensary right in the same office building. I like this optometrist and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I injured my eye on a Friday night in a theatrical production. It was excruciating, but I thought it was just a bruise. It wasn't. Saturday I couldn't take it any more and called his office emergency number. Dr. Pohlenz came in, opening his office to see me. He even contacted an ophthalmologist colleague to open HIS office and see me that day to determine whether the damage was more serious. Both men came saw me within an hour of being contacted -- on their day off. For that kind of eye care, and their professional knowledge (my eye healed and all is good again) I am thankful. I'm also a customer for life.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

The only doctor that I know that actually came in to the office to do a re-check on my eyes on a holiday!!! Excellent customer service.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Waited over 45 min to see the doctor. Won't recommend again, staff didn't care

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Pohlenz is kind, gentle, thorough and nice. His staff is helpful and courteous. The optical staff is most helpful. I would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr. Randall A. Pohlenz's Credentials

• University Of Houston - College Of Optometry (Grad. 1987)

HealthPartners